Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please post your stories of chessed during this time

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 3:19 pm
I think we can all use the chizuk....

My husband and I where both laid off temporary from our jobs. His boss called him and told him he has an account in a certain food store and my husband should feel free to put whatever he needs onto his account for pesach.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 3:26 pm
My youngest brother has been working physically the last 24 hours , without sleep driving from one end of NYC to the other getting as many oxygen concentrators as he could fit in his truck lifting them all by hand and distributing them to people that need oxygen at home. The pipes in his home burst and all his brand new furniture is ruined but he is not worrying about that now. He keeps running and running to help who he can. May Hashem bless him with good health.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 3:27 pm
My husband and I both had it last week and people in my community sent dinners for over a week (many of whom were total strangers) so so amazing

miami85

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 3:30 pm
We live OOT and our rav ensured us that our local market was adequately supplied to handle the people that won't be going away for y"t. So my husband went to do a basic pesach shop, and called to tell me that there was no more matza meal--at all and no more expected. So I asked my brother in brooklyn and they called a store who still had and are currently going to the post office to mail us some--and they said don't worry about us paying them back!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 3:37 pm
Yesterday the orders in monsey at a local supermarket were too numerous for staff. Tens of volunteers went to the supermarket to pack orders for hours, then deliver them to the ill and immuno-compromised.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 4:19 pm
when young isreal of new rochelle were in quarantine for three weeks the young isreal of scarsdale

delivered food
a shul from nj gave out shaloch manos
a man went into the local kosher chineese restaurant called eden wok and gave a few thousand dollars for the store to reamain open and they delivered shaloch manos to the familys
the members of young isreal of new rochelle who have recovered donated their special blood to help
people with carona virus they sent a van to the shul

Surrendered

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 4:31 pm
There's a new gemach, juicing ginger for people with the virus and for prevention. They deliver them ready in 1 oz. containers to anyone in need.
Btw, drinking ginger juice is a lifesaver. It gives you back your energy instantly.

1 oz. Ginger (blended well), mix with 1/2 cup water and 2 tsp. Honey- 3x a day. It's a tremendous immune booster!

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 4:43 pm
In Lakewood- We got a check from a gvir no questions asked because our business lost a lot of money this year. Normally Pesach is our busiest season...

There are incredible stores here that did free delivery so we didn’t have leave our house. Clothing, paper goods, books, judaica, games for the kids.... I cried with joy every time I got a delivery.

The Pesach food box and pesach box are also such amazing initiatives!

Lovemy5

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 5:31 pm
I was moved by an ad in the FJJ offering volunteers for running errands for those who can’t. מי כעמך ישראל.

amother
White

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 6:26 pm
Our shul sent little bags full of toys and activities for the kids to do! Card games, coloring books, stickers. I can cry it's so amazing.

Nechami

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 6:52 pm
I have a chronic disease that is b"h under control - that didn't stop both my Family Dr and Hematologist (who has a 3 month waiting time for appointments!) to call me a number of times from their personal cellphones to find out how I am doing, to make sure I am staying indoors and to help me out with tips and advice re: blood tests and IV meds.
Not to make you all jealous, but there is NOTHING like Jewish doctors and living in Israel!
Thank you to these incredible and caring medical professionals - your care and concern move me to tears!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics