Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How to clean your oven..,

SuperWify

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 9:03 pm
Without St Moritz of Easy-Off? I’m scared to used them. I’ve heard too many stories. I’m scrubbing with soap and bleach- what else?

ynms

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 9:07 pm
Self clean!

Rappel

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 9:08 pm
Steel wool, and thick rubber gloves. Scrub a lot, poison anything truly stuck on so it's not edible, then rinse things down and do whatever counts for libun kal by your Rav - in our case, wait 24 hours and then turn the oven on high for 2.

Edit: please let us know how bleach and soap went. I use the Israeli version of easy off, but I'm curious about other products too.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 9:12 pm
Oven
Mix baking soda with just enough water to make a paste in an oven-safe bowl; add vinegar. Use a sponge to dab the mixture on all dirt in the oven and along the bottom of the oven.
Place oven-safe bowl with the remaining mixture on an oven rack. Set your oven for 210 F degrees and let it run for 45 minutes.
Wipe up all the loose gunk, and your oven is clean.
https://youtu.be/wp0FT2tQ-8c
This works very well for regular basis to keep oven shiny clean. If it's very dirty it can take a few tries and a very strong elbow.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 9:14 pm
Rappel wrote:
Steel wool, and thick rubber gloves. Scrub a lot, poison anything truly stuck on so it's not edible, then rinse things down and do whatever counts for libun kal by your Rav - in our case, wait 24 hours and then turn the oven on high for 2.

Edit: please let us know how bleach and soap went. I use the Israeli version of easy off, but I'm curious about other products too.

I’m cleaning using steel wool and a brush. Then waiting 24 hours then kashering according to him 500 degrees 1.5 hours. We can’t use self clean because apparently it doesn’t run so high nowadays according to him.

Any other ideas? I can’t get off the stains.

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 9:32 pm
Oven pride is the absolute best oven cleaner out there!

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 9:36 pm
I use Easy Off. Spray it at night when kids are in bed. If you want to be really safe, dump the Easy Off and straight into an outdoor garbage can, or else put it on a high, preferably locked shelf. Tape off the kitchen so they don't enter in morning. Get them out of the house or DH to babysit. Scrub it all off first thing in the morning. Takes about 45 min-hour because it's all loosened from sitting overnight. Then self-clean = kashering.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics