Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Ideas for seder, young couple

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:23 pm
Looking for ideas to make the seder fun/interesting/inspiring and not lonely. Our baby will be asleep, so just dh and I.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:24 pm
Following!

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:29 pm
A lot of us are in this boat this year. I don't know if exciting is the right word, but I'm trying to at least set the table nicely with what I have to somewhat make a pesach seder atmosphere. I don't want to invest in a seder plate or any pesach pillow cases or things like that as I don't see us being home again for Pesach anytime soon, and just basics were quite an expense.
Good luck to us all!
Starting my cleaning tonight!

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:36 pm
I bought R pesach krohn new hagadda and I have touched by a Seder from last year- I think interesting stories and ideas from a new Hagadda can add a lot to making the Seder more meaningful.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:47 pm
One year dh and I did a second Seder in Israel alone. It was the best Seder by far!! No waiting till every last Tom and Harry show up for the Seder, no listening through every kids million dvar torahs. Taking as long and short as we wanted to read the haggah and finishing at a very normal hour!
I’m so excited for the Seder this year!!
(although my child will be around to keep things exciting- ie. Grape juice spills...)

Last edited by SuperWify on Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:50 pm
SuperWify wrote:
One year dh and I did a second Seder in Israel alone. It was the best Seder by far!! No waiting till every last time and Garry show up for the Seder, no listening through every kids million dvar torahs. Taking as long and short as we wanted to read the haggah and finishing at a very normal hour!
I’m so excited for the Seder this year!!
(although my child will be around to keep things exciting- ie. Grape juice spills...)

This.
Last year we had Seder on our own- our kids (age 4 and 1) were sleeping. We finished at a normal hour, said everything with kavanah, sang together, had a short but delicious meal, and felt so happy and fulfilled and grateful.
The second Seder, we were joined by our 4 year old who had napped during the day, which was also really sweet.

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:57 pm
Last year was my first year making pesach. Married 3 years, had a 2 year old. We put 2yo to sleep, and we had the seder on the couch! Besides the food part. That was all at the table. I made super special food (hubby's fave salmon, etc), and we just had so much fun schmoozing.
It was the best best best yom tov of my entire life. I cant wait to do it again!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics