Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
This is why we're angry
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:16 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
They can do that with the computers they already have. Target and Walmart are off limits except for essentials in some states. They rope off the area's that aren't food or medicine.

There are lots of other things you are still allowed to but.
Supplies for children
Home improvement

There were item we needed that were essential to living in a normal home not related to food and medicine.
I could see closing off clothing.

But really sometimes ppl need underwear. Or shoes. And don’t have credit cards or money in advance to order online. It’s the poor who suffer the most.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:20 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I just want to add the Dr 's & nurses are CRYING and BEGGING you to stay home. They are out of equipment & past exhausted & traumatized. Please don't contribute to them being FORCED to choose who gets to die without treatment.

Yes unfortunately we had Hatzaloh st my house a couple of times and my husband needed to be in the hospital for a night.
The hatzalah guys said they are traumatized from all this and my husband said the hospital was a war zone.
The nurses and doctors are so overworked.
So I just want to shout out to STAY HOME.
If you don’t want to think of your own health then think about everyone else.
Think about all the Hatzalah members who drop everything to come think about the doctors and nurses who are so exhausted and are risking their own lives to help you.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:47 am
They can do that with the computers they already have. Target and Walmart are off limits except for essentials in some states. They rope off the area's that aren't food or medicine.

Even small grocery stores are probably seeing some people coming multiple times per week. My brother, for example, has several teen foster and adopted boys and they drink many gallons of milk every week so he must constantly replenish it. His efforts help society but he probably looks to the world like he is hoarding milk. He tries to keep shopping to a minimum but this doesn't always work.
I don't know if there is any way that the government can assess how often a person needs to shop and how often they are actually shopping.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:48 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
There are lots of other things you are still allowed to but.
Supplies for children
Home improvement

There were item we needed that were essential to living in a normal home not related to food and medicine.
I could see closing off clothing.

But really sometimes ppl need underwear. Or shoes. And don’t have credit cards or money in advance to order online. It’s the poor who suffer the most.

I didn't make the laws in the other states. It's food and medicine. Period.

Some countries are only letting women go out 3 days a week for food and medicine. The men go out alternate days with no one allowed out Sunday.

There aren't exceptions in the other states for kids craft supplies or home improvements. These aren't normal times. The definition of what a normal home is has changed. I don't understand why home improvements and kids crafts are essential and worth lives being lost.

My own home has a project of a room being renovated. Tough luck on me. It's staying like that for the foreseeable future.

Simple1

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:57 am

Some countries are only letting women go out 3 days a week for food and medicine. The men go out alternate days with no one allowed out Sunday.

There aren't exceptions in the other states for kids craft supplies or home improvements. These aren't normal times. The definition of what a normal home is has changed. I don't understand why home improvements and kids crafts are essential and worth lives being lost.

My own home has a project of a room being renovated. Tough luck on me. It's staying like that for the foreseeable future.

Essentials include more than food and medicine. I don't have the list off hand.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:58 am

It probably helps cut down on non essential stores if grocery stores and pharmacies also supply toilet plungers, door locks, bug spray, crayons, etc.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:20 am
Simple1 wrote:
Essentials include more than food and medicine. I don't have the list off hand.

It depends on the jurisdiction. 2 weeks ago, contractors were an essential business in my jurisdiction. Last week they weren't.

What is so hard to understand that the government is deciding what is essential?

Some places only food and medicine are essential. The end. There's nothing to argue with. There's no leeway.

No one cares about your kids' craft supplies or your material for your home improvements if the government says it's not essential. Lives arebeing lost because people think they are special and are not cooperating.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:39 am
DrMom wrote:
Of course it affects others. You can infect others (or get infected).

Even if nobody I know catches it directly from you or the relatives you are selfishly visiting, you are cpotentially ontributing to the caseload, which means more patients lining up for those precious xenrillators, and an even longer times before policy makers decide everybody can get back to work and revive the economy.

Now is a time when everyone needs to fight together, not go AWOL and jeopardize the battle.

We are under the belief that we affect each others. We still dont know for certain if that is how we spread it. How is it that some ppl got it, despite being in quarantine? How is it that some of my friends had it, yet their husbands never caught it??

What I cant stand is everyone criticizing each others, and saying who does what. And we are hating each others, and calling each others names, bc we THINK we are in control.

The entire country is still running - subway, and public trans...stores are not completely shut down..
WHY ARE PPL JUDGING your neighbor, when I see tons of non jews all over? Why do you feel you have a right to call each others rotzchim, and killers, and going to hell....why do you post clips on whatsapp from yiddishe shuls, condemning them, when we are not the only ones?

Do you really believe this is what G-d wants from you in such a time?

octopus

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:51 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
We are under the belief that we affect each others. We still dont know for certain if that is how we spread it. How is it that some ppl got it, despite being in quarantine? How is it that some of my friends had it, yet their husbands never caught it??

What I cant stand is everyone criticizing each others, and saying who does what. And we are hating each others, and calling each others names, bc we THINK we are in control.

The entire country is still running - subway, and public trans...stores are not completely shut down..
WHY ARE PPL JUDGING your neighbor, when I see tons of non jews all over? Why do you feel you have a right to call each others rotzchim, and killers, and going to hell....why do you post clips on whatsapp from yiddishe shuls, condemning them, when we are not the only ones?

Do you really believe this is what G-d wants from you in such a time?

They most certainly do know how its spread. Every Jew is responsible for another. So even if one Jew does something they are not supposed to do, we all get painted with the same broad brush.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics