Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Gnaivah of kosher supermarkets
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:09 am
mig100 wrote:
Soda is not sustaining life. If anything the opposite.

It's not about the soda, it's about the money.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:20 am
And the matzah.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:21 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
All of you focusing on soda &Conveniently forgetting that she was sent matza not kosher for pesach

THIS, matza is basics.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 7:36 am
I ordered kosher l’ pesach horseradish and got a few jars of sugar free not for Passover use!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:27 am
OP, I am so sorry. I know what it's like to be so vulnerable. I was facing having little fresh produce the first days because our local frum supermarket that will do delivery (I was too late to get in on the non Jewish produce store delivery) only allows x amount of optional items outside their list.

It's terrible that you're getting these kinds of substitutions. The store might have teenagers filling the orders and they really need to supervise them till they get the hang of it. I hope things work out and that you have a refuah shleima, bkarov!!!

ETA: Just want to say, these teenagers do rock!

singleagain

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:30 am
OP, I work in a kosher grocery. I work in the office, but the front, but every so often the phone rings and it's really for the front only no one picked up and so it bounced to me. If I can help the person on the other end I do. Maybe when the menu options come up, click the extension for the accounting department. Tell them you can't get through to anyone else and all of they can help by getting your name/number to the general manager or whoever you think would be most helpful.

Also, I still think this could have been in complete error. I one time, years ago, got a knock on my door and it was delivery guys from my store with a delivery. But I just started my job, I worked in the store and did my shopping myself, no reason for me to get delivery. I looked in the box going the receipt and it was a delivery for someone else in my neighborhood. There had been a mix up and it wasn't even a time of overwork.

I understand that this is a distressing situation, but we also have to be dlkz. And shouldn't assume this was intentional.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:26 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
All of you focusing on soda &Conveniently forgetting that she was sent matza not kosher for pesach

Forget about the soda now and focus on the matzah; the store will more likely hear you then.

Librarian

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I had a similar problem but much worse! I ordered specific brand of items that were on sale and was substituted with non sale which were three times the price! $4.89 for apple juice? It was listed on sale for $1.99! I could’ve gotten grape juice for that price! Charged me different prices for the same exact products I bought a few of! Double the price of advertised items,

I’ve tried calling the store day after day, hit all the extensions offered (manager, order dept., etc) and no one answers on any! I think my only choice is to fight it with the credit card company in the hope that when the supermarket finds out the credit card co didn’t pay my bills they’ll be forced to call me, and then I can speak to them about all the mistakes!

Same thing happened to me. I just gave up.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:39 am
I was just in my local fruit store. I needed a case if potatoes and handful of other items. I told him to load it up in the wagon and I’ll walk it home. He said thank you people don’t understand how shortstaffed they are. And the big orders are coming in now.

It is however extremely frustrating for someone who is stuck home, or has no local store within walking distance and has no way to get anything. OP try “single agains” advice.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:48 am
I'm sorry, that's really frustrating! BH I have a wonderful local kosher supermarket. They called me and patiently offered substitutions for the few items they didn't have. I asked them to read the ingredients on a certain item that I wasn't familar with. They even made sure to tell me the price when the item was more expensive. And they went out of their way to find a certain chometz item in the back and package it separately in my order.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:59 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I'm sorry, that's really frustrating! BH I have a wonderful local kosher supermarket. They called me and patiently offered substitutions for the few items they didn't have. I asked them to read the ingredients on a certain item that I wasn't familar with. They even made sure to tell me the price when the item was more expensive. And they went out of their way to find a certain chometz item in the back and package it separately in my order.

That’s the way it should be but it’s not like that now in most places.
They probably hired Mexicans to pack orders and for all they know matzah is matzah!

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:05 am
my supemarket in westchster charged over 300 dollars for seder meals and we get chicken
we wanted gorcerys to add to our order and they wont do it they dont have deliverys we need to pick it up and my husband has caronavirus the food is often spoiled at this store

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:13 am
OP, it would be a mitzvah to change the title of your post. You are causing sinas chinam- you don't know for sure that they are stealing and even if they are, it's not the right thing to post in such a time of din for all of us. If you knew the stress these stores are under now, you would tone down your comments. It's Erev Pesach, which is very hectic in the best of times, and the pandemic, which doesn't allow people to come out personally. I think we owe the stores our thanks not contempt.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:17 am
My husband just came home from Evergreen in Monsey, he said the line is 2 hours long and there are lines to get into every aisle

Aylat

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:45 am
Our local grocery has been amazing. They are not charging for delivery and asked everyone to order instead of coming in, even for single items. They are rushed off their feet. I thank them every time and I told them they are saving lives.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:05 pm
I live in Monsey. I have tried delivery from 3 different stores and had major problems with all. The loss of money is hard to swallow. I asked my daughter in Lakewood to add some important items to the order she has coming today and we will drive to Lakewood to pick it up. I have gone to the stores early when they open but the vegetables that are left over from the day before are not fit to be bought. The shelves were not restocked. I will not allow anyone in my household to go to any of the stores here during the day. I am also trying to shop for my parents and mil so this is really complicated. We tried hiring some boys to do the shopping but the first group cancelled the night before. Hopefully the second group will come through for the few items that need to be bought fresh before yom tov. If not, whatever we have will be good.

Librarian

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:09 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I ordered kosher l’ pesach horseradish and got a few jars of sugar free not for Passover use!

Sorry for you, but it helps for me to see that I am not the only unlucky one. Don't know about your store, but here they won't take it back. I cancelled a scheduled order because I could not stomach the loss of $$ anymore and anyway I have to go to the store for all the items I did not get.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:14 pm
Librarian wrote:
Sorry for you, but it helps for me to see that I am not the only unlucky one. Don't know about your store, but here they won't take it back. I cancelled a scheduled order because I could not stomach the loss of $$ anymore and anyway I have to go to the store for all the items I did not get.

After waiting days for my orders and receiving so many wrong items I put on a mask and gloves and went shopping myself.
Now I am sick, burning up with fever and I will just have to deal with deliveries and again. At this point, I don’t even care because I am so sick.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics