Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is strep and other viruses seen less now bec. school is out?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:01 am
Curious how it’s by others.
Bh my kids who fairly often get sick have been doing better bh.
What about you?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:04 am
Now they are catching it from one another...Five on zithromax as we speak!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:09 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Now they are catching it from one another...Five on zithromax as we speak!

Oh my!
But if they’ll all be treated now & not cycle it back to each, then hopefully they can remain infection free by not catching it in school now??

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:11 am
My dentist says that he's seeing record cases of tonsillitis, because Corona exhausts your immune system, and then the bacteria can basically just take over. Even if you barely had any symptoms at all, you're still vulnerable to secondary infection.

My GP says that bronchitis, bacterial pneumonia, and strep are also very prevalent right now, for the same reason.

Bottom line, just because you survived Corona, doesn't mean that you are in the clear. Keep building your immune system, and be extra careful!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:17 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
My dentist says that he's seeing record cases of tonsillitis, because Corona exhausts your immune system, and then the bacteria can basically just take over. Even if you barely had any symptoms at all, you're still vulnerable to secondary infection.

My GP says that bronchitis, bacterial pneumonia, and strep are also very prevalent right now, for the same reason.

Bottom line, just because you survived Corona, doesn't mean that you are in the clear. Keep building your immune system, and be extra careful!

This is true basically after any virus, getting a secondary infection.
My question is on kids who share germs all day in school and are less at risk for covid19, so are moms seeing less infections now?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:18 am
Yes bH my kids have been doing well at home for the past few weeks. There is nothing to catch!

tweety1

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:20 am
I spoke to my Dr abt my son. I suspect he has strept.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:43 pm
I was actually just thinking this year we won't have to worry about kids spreading lice in school after their Pesach vacations. This happened a few times (only once to my kids bh but it's been in their classes...)

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:45 pm
seeker wrote:
I was actually just thinking this year we won't have to worry about kids spreading lice in school after their Pesach vacations. This happened a few times (only once to my kids bh but it's been in their classes...)

Well, that's one plague we won't have to worry about. Wink

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:22 pm
My kids had bad lice. And our comb was lost. We got a new one and I hope to have bug-free kids by the time school restarts. I’m combing 2-3x a week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics