Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Missing time with my newborn

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:02 pm
I had a baby, bh, during all this. My other kids demand so much more attention. They have school stuff and everyone wants time with the baby. I feel like I'm missing her incredible newborn stage and it makes me sad and sometimes emotional. I miss her when I cant be with her/hold her. Chizuk?

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:17 pm
I also had a baby boy in all this and I think you should prioritize spending time with the baby. The newborn stage passes so fast and we can’t go back in time. I know how hard it is with a house full of kids and Pesach prep and all the chaos but it’s really so important. If you are nursing you are automatically spending hours with your newborn so maybe you are spending lots of time, but you aren’t realizing it. Mazel Tov on your baby!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:49 pm
You need to make boundaries. Kids understand taking turns.

You can tell them "It's mommy's time to spend with the baby now. I will spend time with you at (whatever time)." If the kids can't tell time, set an alarm for an hour or something. Have some crafts ready that don't make a big mess. You can also read them a book while you are snuggling the baby, and have the other kids pile onto the couch with you.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:44 pm
Mazal tov! I had a baby too. I nurse her and spend time that way. Also at night.

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:46 pm
Mazal tov! Get a baby carrier if you can.

tichellady

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:46 pm
That sounds hard! I’m sorry

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:49 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Mazal tov! Get a baby carrier if you can.

Agree. For a newborn the most significant thing you can do is hold her. A carrier allows that while you manage your other household demands. Mazal tov!

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 2:13 pm
I also have a newborn bh.
Before the baby I was really looking forward to those lazy mornings, where I send the kids off to school, stay in PJs and go into bed with the baby.
Well, things changed, I completely forgot about my plans Wink
It's challenging, I do have a baby carrier, but I'm always surrounded by my other kids.
I do try to have privacy when I nurse, but my kids love to visit me all the time
Can't wait for this crazy situation to be over
But bh we're all healthy
Thank you Hashem Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics