Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Online mental health counseling for kids

miami85

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:55 pm
I have a child that I don't know what it is, but he's been saying disturbing things like "I don't want to live" or "I don't want to live here" and "I run away" (It's mostly because I don't buy him all the toys he wants and doesn't get to play on tablet all day--I am SO mean). I really need him to talk to a professional I dont' know if this is an ADHD thing or a Bipolar thing or what. Can anyone recommend an online platform that they have used.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:57 pm
Any good therapist is probably using zoom or another platform now. I don’t know if any specific online counseling service but I would try finding any good one as this is probably what they are all doing now. Good luck.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 8:52 pm
Just tell him you talked to a professional and they said you have to call police or Hatzolah if he says that. Is it a lie? Yes. Does it scare them? Yes.

Einikel

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 8:57 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Just tell him you talked to a professional and they said you have to call police or Hatzolah if he says that. Is it a lie? Yes. Does it scare them? Yes.

Seems like a bandage solution.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:05 pm
I would definitely check this out with a professional but it could be he just doesn't have the maturity or language to express how upset he is. Maybe his emotional regulation needs some help. Until you get help whenever he says stuff like that tell him very empathetically that you can tell he is very very upset/frustrated/disappointed/sad about xyz. Validate his feelings but it has to be done sincerely. He can tell when you are just giving lip service. You can also add in "you wish you could just do/ have xyz" or that "mommy would let you watch all day" give him what he wants in a fantasy world.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics