Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Take Zinc for Possible Coronavirus Mitigation?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:03 am
You can take this for what it is worth or not take it at all.

There is a buzz among physicians that taking even 50mg of Zinc every 2-3 days can mitigate the severity of COVID19 if you are eventaully exposed (taking this more frequently can cause severe stomach upset).

For those who test positive and are actively ill, a higher dose along with other drugs is proving to have some promising effects against the illness (this is known as Dr. Zelenko's Protocol - a mixture of hydroxychloroquine, Zinc and azithromycin).

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora.....23355

My husband is a doctor and has prescribed us these medicines to keep at home and treat us if we come down with COVID 19. We are taking 50mg of Zinc every 3 days. This protocol hasn't been around long enough to be proven in clinical trials, but it is better than nothing.

Again, I am not a doctor, but just giving you an insider's opinion from the medical community because my husband is very connected to hospitals and talks to medical colleagues frequently and sits on a few hospital boards. This protocol is the current standard for many health care professionals right now (again, not proven yet with conclusive evidence because this whole virus is too new).

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:07 am
I'm following his full protocol.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:11 am
I hesitated to make this post because I am not a doctor and it might not work, but I feel like if I have information that my husband is so on board with that he is having us start with taking Zinc preventatively and having the other meds in the protocol on hand, I should share in case it helps anyone. He doesn't typically jump on a medical trend bandwagon lightly

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:18 am
A local chiropractor - alt medicine practitioner is prescribing vitamin D, large doses vitamin C and zinc 15-30 mg/day.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:01 am
I've been taking zinc only (and sometimes vitamin C) since I started getting symptoms. I wasn't sure if it was really helping, so I stopped taking it, and boy did I notice a difference. If it helps anyone, I found that 200 mg (50 mg 4 X a day) did the trick for me. I thought I was better and stopped taking it Friday - Shabbos I was a wreck.

It can cause stomach discomfort in the beginning, but I weighed the factors - alive - stomach ache - possibly hospitalized and no stomache - the stomache won. And it only bothered me the first day, which could have been the coronavirus in any case.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:06 am
Dr z’s idea is not just his. This is how many hospitals in different countries have been treating this virus for patients who don’t have ARDS.

Zinc and vitamin c are common ways of mitigating cold symptoms cause by any virus

Thanks for sharing.

rr88

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:09 am
So in short, how many mg zinc should I take? 50 every 3 days?

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:11 am
I have symptoms. Took a few zincs and got so nauseous. Next day I tried again, thought it was a fluke but I was vomiting severely.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:13 am
rr88 wrote:
So in short, how many mg zinc should I take? 50 every 3 days?

My husband recommends 50 mg every 2-3 days for people not experiencing corona symptoms to use preventively. Zinc can really cause stomach upset and nausea, so taking a higher dose or taking it daily can really make you feel awful.

However, if you test positive the dosage changes to a higher one and more frequently, plus the 2 other drugs - which a physician needs to prescribe.

I am talking about preventative dosing in people who don't have COVID19, what we can do to possibly prevent getting it.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:16 am
I think 35 mg a day is great if you have no symptoms. If you do have symptoms, you should really take a lot more. Like I said, I'm taking 200 mg a day (50 mg 4 X a day taken with food) and after the first day my stomach doesn't bother me anymore. And my other symptoms are much better.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:31 pm
OP, I heard about this from a friend who is a health care practitioner as well. Zinc, vitamin C, vitamin D and now they're talking about vitamin A.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics