Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Help making Pesach for the first time, need saltwater recipe

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:41 pm
Title says it all!

cbsp

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:44 pm
Quick search yielded this

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....37071

(it's a tongue in cheek thread)

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:00 pm
A bit of salt and water, voila!!

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:03 pm
In discussing the upcoming seders with my kids over shabbos, they complimented me on my salt water and told me it's one of my best recipes and they can't wait to have it again soon. Not sure what to make of that.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:10 pm
Jewish Foodie, where are you when we need you? There is an amother who is in dire, desperate need of a recipe for salt water. Wow. I am hard-pressed to figure out how fathom how someone could have missed your seminal, definitive recipe.

Please share it with the world!

Your recipe, passed down through generations, needs to be published for posterity.

cbsp

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:13 pm
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Jewish Foodie, where are you when we need you? There is an amother who is in dire, desperate need of a recipe for salt water. Wow. I am hard-pressed to figure out how fathom how someone could have missed your seminal, definitive recipe.

Please share it with the world!

Your recipe, passed down through generations, needs to be published for posterity.

That's why I linked to Jewish Foodie's thread. No way I can compete with the master!

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:16 pm
cbsp wrote:
That's why I linked to Jewish Foodie's thread. No way I can compete with the master!

So true! I was hoping she would chime in! She is such a salt-water star!
I think I've been inhaling too many cleaning fumes.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 12:31 am
I heard some very big rabbis came out with a psak that this year, because of the unprecedented situation you do not need to go crazy with salt water.

You can buy any salt water from the store; if it’s kosher all year round you can use it for Pesach without a special hechsher.

For those who like to make their own: ANY tears are ok, they don’t have to be specifically for the Beis Hamikdash.

This is not the year to be potchke-ing with elaborate salt water recipes. The main thing is to have a calm and happy home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics