Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Looking for a sefardi halacha book

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 2:42 pm
I've seen many different sefarim like the laws of shabbos, what if series, rav vaye's books about brachos etc.

Dh and I are interested in having a sefardi halacha sefer to learn from together. Besides for yalkut yosef, are there any practical halacha sefarim you can think of?

We're interesting in learning more about Shabbat, brachot... open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks!

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:10 pm
I remember once seeing a very nice english sefer by someone named Toledano

My husband learned with him yeshiva over 10 years sgo

Maybe do a search

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 5:27 pm
Yalkut Yosef is very comprehensive. Any reason not to go with that? You can also learn halacha yomit on the website.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 5:32 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Yalkut Yosef is very comprehensive. Any reason not to go with that? You can also learn halacha yomit on the website.

Its very expensive for a whole set and we dont have the funds for it at the moment. id love to get a set of yalkut yosef though but all the sets I saw were like 400$ +

Rappel

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Its very expensive for a whole set and we dont have the funds for it at the moment. id love to get a set of yalkut yosef though but all the sets I saw were like 400$ +

You can only read one book at a time - go one by one. We are buying the Saka Edition of the Yalkut Yosef as it comes out, and it's beautiful - clear, vivid translations and explanations, with plenty of background.

There is also the Ben Ish Hai, who published his halacha arrangement in accordance with the parsha. There is a two volume set in English, I can check the publisher. But note: the Ben Ish Jai's halacha was contemporary in 1800s Iraq, and it is very heavily based on Kabbalah.

I don't think it's very practical for a modern home, unless you want to live like an Iraqi woman in the 1800s. The Yalkut Yosef is practical, and is made to be a universal synthesis for all Sephardim. I learn both, but we follow the YY, and we're very happy for it.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:38 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Yabia-O.....6PVP4
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics