Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Happening Now: Levaya For Father of 11 Lost to COVID-19

Yael

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 3:03 pm
Reb Bentzion Kuperstock, Jerusalem father of 11, was the 46th person in Israel to pass away due to COVID-19 last night. Kuperstock had gone to the hospital Wednesday, where his test for the virus came back negative. He returned home, and collapsed on Saturday night. Responders were unable to resuscitate him.

Kuperstock was very well-known for his acts of chesed, including most notably his tradition of feeding free breakfast to thousands of people the morning of Lag BaOmer in Meron. This, together with other similar acts, earned him the nickname ‘The Abba of Meron.’ Reb Bentzion was also the head of a Beis Yaakov seminary, Beis Yaakov HaYashan.

A levaya that in any other circumstances would have garnered huge crowds of those wishing to mourn this giant in chesed took place today with a sparse minyan, standing at reasonable distances from each other as per Ministry of Health guidelines. Kuperstock’s widow sat by the side of the procession with a few of her children, audibly crying out into the open air. Her cries brought grief to the hearts of all who heard her.

Funds are being urgently raised for Mrs. Kuperstock, who now must someone accomplish the superhuman feat of making Pesach with three children at home after the horrific and untimely passing of her husband. Shiva calls will be accepted over the phone only. The family are now left in dire need, and any help is crucially important during this painful time.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FULL CAMPAIGN

Sponsored Post

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 3:08 pm
There was a gadol named Rav Avraham Nosson (not sure iirc) Kuperstock zt"l who was as big a tzadik as talmid chochom. His wife too.
It doesn't matter who his father is, but if this is his father I wanted to mention it.

Bubby6

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 3:53 pm
His father's name was r' Yitzchok Nosson, as I saw on the sign for the levaya in Israel. That was then shown on YWNews

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:52 pm
BDE

It seems that we are losing our best and brightest, and the ones with so many children at home.

Tragedies are building up more and more every day.

When are people going to realize that it can hit their family any moment? Can't Believe It

heidi

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 9:28 pm
If his test for the virus came back negative why are they saying he died of corona?

thriver

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:00 pm
heidi wrote:
If his test for the virus came back negative why are they saying he died of corona?

First of all Baruch Dayan HaEmes. May he be a meilitz yosher for all of his family and all of klal Yisroel.

I believe the tests for coronavirus are not one hundred percent accurate. As my husband tried explaining to me, there seems to be a sweet spot during which the test will show up as positive but that doesn’t mean that one does not have it if the test is negative. Just another part of the challenges of this difficult virus... may Hashem send the refuah soon!

ora_43

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:12 pm
heidi wrote:

He tested positive after he collapsed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics