Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Israel - mass lockdown for Passover
Previous  1  2

banana123

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 4:21 am
Rappel wrote:
Lol! When I worked for Arutz 7 a few years ago, they had an editorial rule not to use anything from the ToI, because they didn't verify before they printed, and trended toward the sensational. Maybe things have changed since...

I haven't seen A7 quote ToI, pretty much ever.

banana123

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 4:24 am
Rappel wrote:
Lol! When I worked for Arutz 7 a few years ago, they had an editorial rule not to use anything from the ToI, because they didn't verify before they printed, and trended toward the sensational. Maybe things have changed since...

But A7 aside, ToI does so much damage to Israel's image. Their blogs literally allow anti-Israel posters a free platform, but they edit the life out of certain things presenting too much of a right-wing perspective.

banana123

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 4:26 am
DrMom wrote:
I actually find Arutz Sheva to be more sensationalistic of late (as in , over the last year). Plus their online format is super-annoying.

If the lockdown is just for seder night, then I agree that Liberman's accusation makes no sense.

Even if it is for the entire holiday, his accusation STILL makes no sense.

It's not as if haredim are the only ones who go on outings or visiting family. It's a country-wide phenomenon.

Rappel

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 4:51 am
banana123 wrote:
I haven't seen A7 quote ToI, pretty much ever.

Exactly. They won't.

Edited because it was just a lot of down-talk of news sites, and not an important post unless anyone wants to work in A7.

banana123

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 4:59 am
Rappel wrote:
Exactly. They won't. It's not so much quoting - there's a policy to link only to articles A7 themselves have published, for more clicks and advertising. But part of the work is trawling other news sites and Twitter for trending stories, and putting up anything good FAST. And we were told to touch nothing from Times of Israel - they were too unreliable.

Okay I'll edit it out too.

Now I am really curious as to who you are.

There are other ways to quote, though - you don't need to link to give a source.

Rappel

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:04 am
banana123 wrote:
Now I am really curious as to who you are.

There are other ways to quote, though - you don't need to link to give a source.

I'm happy to meet up for coffee when all this is over Smile I like making friends, and I make no secret of my identity here.

Of course. And if we didn't do the legwork or pay for the article, then we would source it, ex. "Fox News reports." But we wouldn't source from that site, and a few other news sites.

banana123

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:08 am
Rappel wrote:
I'm happy to meet up for coffee when all this is over Smile I like making friends, and I make no secret of my identity here.

Of course. And if we didn't do the legwork or pay for the article, then we would source it, ex. "Fox News reports." But we wouldn't source from that site, and a few other news sites.

If you check A7 now you'll see that there are lots of Fox News videos. Horrible, if you ask me. TMI

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:50 am
banana123 wrote:
I feel like this should be in the "Life in Israel" forum instead of the regular coronavirus forum.

Also some of us are watching the Israeli govt how to handle this and behave if our own leaders are a joke.

banana123

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:52 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Also some of us are watching the Israeli govt how to handle this and behave if our own leaders are a joke.

If you are in the US, Canada, Britain, or France, or anywhere where they aren't taking this seriously, then your leaders are definitely a joke.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics