Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
When is your kids last day of school before pesach? :lol

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:03 am
Are you looking forward to it? Think they’ll want to be around you to help? Very Happy

My older kids finished school, but normally my younger ones would still have school probably until including Wednesday, a half a day, so they’ll probably give work still this week.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:28 am
Mine finished early. They realized it took too much time away from the parents.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:10 am
Our last day was this past Friday. But the kids continue to have access to all the video content and to their math and reading apps online.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:33 am
My kids are so smart they finished the school year early 🤷🏼‍♀️

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:36 am
My kids would've finished last week monday but they're still having classes now. They don't call in anymore though, they lost their patience.

chicco

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:37 am
Their last day was March 13.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:38 am
My sons yeshive had their first phone conference yesterday
Daughter finished phone lessons
My 5 year old wasnt interested after 3 days .

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:55 am
At least now we don't have to be scared of that big scary bedikas chometz day when all the kids are off lol

keym

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:14 am
My son's (7th grade) Rebbi is continuing conferences even though today was supposed to be the last day of school.
He wants to do a short conference erev Yom tov and even over chol hamoed.
He's an awesome Rebbi and the boys are really excited to call in and learn.
There's no consequences if you don't call in, but the boys all choose to because it gives their day a huge structure.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:24 am
For my own sanity it's easier if they don't have any (structured) learning. I have almost no access to a phone line these days. Most of my kids have "call-in" school, whether live or pre-recorded and nobody has any patience left.

The Pesach toys are out and "new" so they are having some unstructured playing time the next few days. At least I can concentrate on the work I still need to do instead of orchestrating the learning and phone slots.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:46 am
My boys last day was today. Girls on Friday.
Both boys classes were asking rebbeim for optional Chol Hamoed school.
Smile
I’m not sure if they are bored or just like learning like this.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:47 am
My DD's teacher did phone sessions thru last Thursday. I'm thinking of dropping her a note, I wonder if she realizes how much her students looked forward to those lessons. Probably more than all of her lessons all year!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:53 am
My boys will have chol hamoed telephone cheder this year. Plays, comedies, shiurim and audio entertainment.

mha3484

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:54 am
My nursery kid finished his phone class on Friday. My 3rd grader is supposed to finish his today. Its up to his rebbe if he wants to continue no idea if he will or wont.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:05 am
Last day was Friday.
School was scheduled, back in September-or whenever they make the calendar, that the last day was Friday.

We are a whole different ballgame.

MO high school. Zoom classes from 9-4 daily. Each kid has a school iPad and often their own laptop as well. She has had homework, papers, tests, after hours group projects and study groups.

This is not ideal, but school continues and they are learning. It is less enjoyable, the learning is probably not as good- thorough or on the same level, but it is an excersize in resilients. I am away at work all day (DH is at home, in a different part of the house) and she is independent.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:13 am
My kids had their last day of official Zoom classes on Friday but their schools have been setting up extra optional classes/shiurim/activities this week and for chol hamoed to keep them occupied.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children