Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Israel- is this true?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:05 am
I heard on a WhatsApp voicenote that family can visit covid patients in hospitals in Israel. Wondering if that's true? How do they do it safely?
Here in NY no one is allowed into the hospital for fear of spreading infection and the people who do make it out of the hospital describe horrific conditions inside.

Rappel

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:24 am
I haven't heard anything otherwise; I'd be surprised if they were preventing it. Though I'm sure it's only one visitor at a time, or only one visitor per patient.

You have to understand that there are relatively few covid patients in hospital in Israel. Maybe a few hundred; definitely fewer than the medical community is prepared for. They've been stockpiling equipment and setting up the quarantine spaces for months now. There is enough quarantine and isolation gear. I'm sure they must be allowing family to visit

Elfrida

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:31 am
The right to a single companion when on hospital is enshrined in law. We're not yet at a stage where we need to push that aside. They don't let anyone who wants go in and out, and the companion is taught to use protective equipment.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:31 am
Elfrida wrote:
The right to a single companion when on hospital is enshrined in law. We're not yet at a stage where we need to push that aside. They don't let anyone who wants go in and out, and the companion is taught to use protective equipment.

I also read that it has to be the same designated person every time. You can't rotate family members for visits. These are harsh times, but it makes a lot of sense.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:45 am
I read somewhere that aside from allowing a companion, Israel is using IV vitamin C and this may be contributing to the survival rate. I also think that the average Israeli is healthier to begin with than the average American but this may be more difficult to prove.

just me!!

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:29 am
Yes!

The menahel of Ichilov said that they'll allow the families of critically ill patients to visit them to say their final goodbyes....
No one should die alone...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 1:10 pm
Thank you for speaking up!
I wish in NY we had the same rights. It is truly awful here. People dying alone. Family has no idea what's going on inside the hospital. Helpless patients too weak to talk cannot advocate for themselves and nurses too busy or too scared to really pay attention or give care.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics