Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Visiting people that recovered
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:56 pm
If family members had some symptoms 2-3 weeks ago and fully recovered, would you go visit for Pesach?

nelliesmellie

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 5:08 pm
Absolutely not. Until epidemiologists and researchers can tell us definitively that there are a certain number of days after the virus that it sheds, that a person has developed immunity, that an immune person cannot be a carrier for the virus and pass it to someone else, don’t presume to be smarter than the current recommendations out there. The rabbinic directives and the medical directives do not include a clause for this so everyone JUST STAY HOME

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 5:59 pm
What if you already got sick, and the people you're going to had it. Then what's the risk?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 6:10 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
What if you already got sick, and the people you're going to had it. Then what's the risk?

Mares ayin
• Person might still be contagious and could infect others while traveling
• Maybe one of the people didn't actually have coronavirus but had something else
• Others may see it as "permission" to break the rules

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 8:11 pm
All of the above.

In addition, if you think you've recovered from the virus, you are still "medically fragile" because your immune system is exhausted, leaving you at risk from catching a different strain of the virus, a cold, the flu, or any number of other things. It will take your body a long time to build back up again.

Even if you feel like things are all better, you need to REST and take things easy as much as possible.

Doctors can't even agree on how long you continue to shed the virus after the last symptom disappears. Some say you're not contagious after the first week from when symptoms start, others say that your are contagious days, and even weeks, after your last symptom.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:07 pm
NO

NO

NO

There is NO hard science that you cannot reinfect. And it would be more dangerous possibly the 2nd time if they just recovered.

And a hundred other reasons.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:30 pm
One of the very first people in the heimish community who tested positive even before Purim was just tested again this week. It was still positive.

This virus is not following any of the "normal rules". There have also been reports of people who started to feel better and then got a second round.

Be smart. Be safe. Stay home.

NewYorkgal31

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:41 pm
NO NO AND NO!!!!

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:40 am
even two weeks after having the virus they can still shed the people in young isreal of new rochlle
had to stay home at least three weeks

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 11:03 am
They tested people 3 weeks after they recovered and they still tested positive so it can take weeks not to still be contagious. I think the right thing is not to go.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 1:03 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

Yeah I don’t get what the risk is either. If all of you were officially diagnosed and didn’t just self-diagnose.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 1:11 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Yeah I don’t get what the risk is either. If all of you were officially diagnosed and didn’t just self-diagnose.

Because it may be possible to get it again. I think I may have caught it again. Waiting for my dr to call me back but symptoms are similar, two weeks after I finished a first bout.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 1:11 pm
This is very complicated. No one knows anything. It’s probably better to stay safe.
I’m saying this while back at work in a hospital after official recovery. We have all hands on deck situation. Crying

cnc

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 1:39 pm
Absolutely not.
The medical personal at the blood bank at Maimonides is saying that over half of the people that they tested who have been symptoms free for weeks are still positive and are still contagious.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 1:53 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
NO

NO

NO

There is NO hard science that you cannot reinfect. And it would be more dangerous possibly the 2nd time if they just recovered.

And a hundred other reasons.

The CDC does not say this at all. Source?

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 2:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If family members had some symptoms 2-3 weeks ago and fully recovered, would you go visit for Pesach?

We had it after purim and so did my sister's family. At first we thought we'd have pesach together, but we have changed our minds because: 1. everything seems so uncertain with this plague and 2. if people see others not social distancing, it might influence them to do the same.

It's hard op, I get you. I'm making pesach for the first time. I'm scared to open my phone every morning and see more bad news and so many people suffering. The only thing we can all do is stay home and daven for this nightmare to be over soon.

itsmeima

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:09 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Mares ayin
• Person might still be contagious and could infect others while traveling
Maybe one of the people didn't actually have coronavirus but had something else
• Others may see it as "permission" to break the rules

This! I love the way people decide they had it.

Two people I know claimed to have had it, they were tested and both tested came back negative. You can't just assume you had it.

The flu season isn't over!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:50 pm
Even if they are not contagious unless their home was sanitized, they have found the virus can live on surfaces For a very long time (They found on a cruise ship 17 days after people left). It’s just irresponsible. We had it and are not leaving/letting anyone in even though we are long better by now

Elemenopee

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:23 pm
itsmeima wrote:
This! I love the way people decide they had it.

Two people I know claimed to have had it, they were tested and both tested came back negative. You can't just assume you had it.

The flu season isn't over!

It is more likely that their tests were broken and showing false negatives than them not having the virus.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 11:02 pm
According to this study https://www.scmp.com/news/chin.....about
nearly a third of corona patients had low levels of antibody meaning that it is possible they could get reinfected. Why risk it?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics