Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Coronavirus risk may depend on your blood type
Previous  1  2

imasoftov

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What does your reply even mean?? You asked me to ask him to offer his opinion about the article. I did, and his reply was that it is possible. Now you are arguing back with him, saying you never said otherwise, as if he implied you did. Honey, he has no idea you exist.

I'm not arguing with him, nor did I suggest that he implied I said anything at all. Or said that he implied, etc. I stand by my statement that this study hasn't been peer-reviewed and replicated, which he did not dispute.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:28 pm
imasoftov wrote:
I'm not arguing with him, nor did I suggest that he implied I said anything at all. Or said that he implied, etc. I stand by my statement that this study hasn't been peer-reviewed and replicated, which he did not dispute.

We agree on that then.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:27 pm
dankbar wrote:
I once read that Type A blood is more prone for a host of diseases like cancer, stroke, heart disease. Chas vsholom.
Type O is the best type of blood, it can be used as donor blood for transfusions & bone marrow transplants for any blood type as it doesnt have antigens so it doesn't clash with any other blood type.

Chayala it's interesting what you are saying.
My husband is O & I am A. 3 of my kids are A. One is AO. One is O.

If a woman has type O blood her newborns are at a higher risk of neonatal jaundice

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Their conclusions showed 37.75% of the sampled people were blood type A, 26.42% were blood type B, 10.03% were blood type AB and 25.80% were blood type O. These data, when compared to the proportions of blood groups of the public in the region, led researchers to conclude that blood group A was more susceptible to the virus than other blood groups, while blood group O had a lower chance."

Then wouldn't AB, at only 10.03%, be the lowest risk, not O?

Librarian

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:11 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Then wouldn't AB, at only 10.03%, be the lowest risk, not O?

Blood type AB is the rarest, Blood type O is the most common.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:18 pm
Librarian wrote:
Blood type AB is the rarest, Blood type O is the most common.

Got it, thanks

WhatFor

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:36 pm
Interesting but I'd love to see studies done where the data is sourced in countries that don't kick Western reporters out.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:20 pm
My brother (32 yrs) with blood type O is already in the hospital for a Week now. My sister with blood type B had it quite severely too.
I think the only thing to believe right now is that we don’t know what we don’t know.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 7:30 am
Here's a video from this week, Dr. Caroll discusses additional studies but concludes
1) blood type could be related to susceptibility but is less likely to predict symptom severity
2) the results are mixed and somewhat contradictory (but we're still learning about this)
3) at this point this is interesting information but likely shouldn't change the way you conduct yourself if you have one blood type versus another. Type A shouldn't panic and Type O should still practice social distancing

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics