Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Staying home and don't want to support group
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 4:54 am
I'm married 12 years and you're not immature at all. Since about 5 years in, we stopped going away for the entire week and only went for the sedarim. So I am used to turning the house over for Pesach, but it's the first time we're doing the sedarim ourselves. And I'm devastated. Not because it's that hard to make sedarim--it really isn't that much more on top of turning the house over--but because I've never in my life been to a seder that was nuclear family only. My parents make these huge sedarim, averaging about 40 people, some family, some people who have nowhere else to go (bt, singles, etc). My kids look forward to it all year. At my parents' house, all the cousins camp out in the living room in sleeping bags and tents. They're absolutely miserable to be missing it. We're going to set up the tents and sleeping bags in our living room, but it just won't be the same without their cousins. Yeah, yeah, we're trying to have a "good attitude" about it. But you know what, the situation does stink, and it's OK to be upset about it.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics