Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Getting out far away with no bathrooms

malky800

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:49 pm
Please don't judge me. That's not the point of this question. For starters, I do not live in the tri state area.
For chol hamoed my husband just wants to get away. We want to go 3 hours out of the city to the sticks and just go hiking in the wilderness.
Any suggestion on what the female can do since even if there would be public bathrooms or port a potties on the way, I wouldn't want to use them.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:51 pm
Um...nothing. If you're out in the wilderness, you don't have access to plumbing.
Anyway aren't just about all parks/hiking trails closed now?

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:52 pm
I guess you’ve never been hiking. Pack a roll of TP or some tissues. Go behind a tree or bush.

jeweled

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:56 pm
Female urination device or female urinal

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:57 pm
Exactly linen. That's why I don't especially care for long hikes LOL
One word of advice, it is so gross to just discard used toilet paper and leave it there. Be considerate, bag up any garbage to dispose of properly when you get back to civilization.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:57 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Um...nothing. If you're out in the wilderness, you don't have access to plumbing.
Anyway aren't just about all parks/hiking trails closed now?

Nope, many have their indoor areas closed but are still open to the public

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:58 pm
You're obviously not a Sternberg girl- as we Sternbergers say, bring a roll of toilet paper and find a tree!

mdogzz

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 11:05 pm
Hi Malky800... I understand your husband's desire to get away, especially from the city. With the weather getting warmer and less people in public (because of Covid19), now certainly is the time to take to the woods.

Bring baby wipes and hand sanitizer, and wipe thoroughly after using the restroom be it in a public or portable pot. The risks that can result from any uncleanliness you may come in contact with can be easily mitigated with proper hygiene. Furthermore, it's not like you're camping for an extended stay in the "wilderness"... you'll be home for a shower before bed on the same day.

If you do pack disposable wipes, please bring a plastic shopping bag to dispose of them in and carry them out.

Leave the woods nice for the rest of us.

Don't let it get to your head and ruin a perfectly healthy getaway.

Let us know how your hiking experience goes.

Last edited by mdogzz on Mon, Apr 06 2020, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

OutATowner

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 11:07 pm
So this may sound gross...but since you asked....take an empty soda bottle and cut a big square on the wide part. (You may want to put masking take or something around the cut if it is sharp or jagged.)
If you urinate in there and tilt the bottle down, the urine will go out of the regular opening of the soda bottle. Bring toilet paper and a bag to out the tp in.
Eta: I guess you could also just cut the bottom.

Last edited by OutATowner on Mon, Apr 06 2020, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

mdogzz

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 11:09 pm
OutATowner wrote:
So this may sound gross...but since you asked....take an empty soda bottle and cut a big square on the wide part. (You may want to put masking take or something around the cut if it is sharp or jagged.)
If you urinate in there and tilt the bottle down, the urine will go out of the regular opening of the soda bottle. Bring toilet paper and a bag to out the tp in.

Have you actually tried this before?

OutATowner

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 11:12 pm
mdogzz wrote:
Have you actually tried this before?

No, but I know someone who has. Don't know any more details than that. Smile

Was debating if I should post it, and although I dont post often I like to use my sn unless absolutely necessary to go amother, but I figured if there's a chance it can make her feel better, why not?

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 11:22 pm
If you’re in the woods, you just go behind a tree. But, this is key and took me embarrassingly long to figure out, if you’re pulling underwear or leggings or whatever down (not up like a skirt), then you should only pull them down to your knees. If you pull them down to your ankles, it is very easy to accidentally pee on them in the process. I’m sorry to say I speak from experience.

And, as others have said, bring a small garbage bag with you to pack out any TP or wipes you use.

Anonymous because I just admitted to peeing on myself.

ETA: one other tip—go on a small slanted area (like around the base of the tree) and make sure downhill is running between your legs not side to side.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:21 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....e5fc2

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 8:53 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
You're obviously not a Sternberg girl- as we Sternbergers say, bring a roll of toilet paper and find a tree!

Exactly what I was going to say! Long time pioneer here....all you need is a roll of TP and a semi private tree. (And even though it’s unrelated, anyone else remember when we would tell the kiddos how expensive trailblazing tape was?🤣🤣🤣)

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 8:59 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Not a Sternberg girl (Wild Rose is the best!!) but I totally agree with you.

OP, pack tp and find a tree. Thats the only way. Learn what poison ivy looks like, watch out for ticks, bring your sense of adventure and have fun!

thanks

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:00 am
I wonder if all these people plan to buy gas in the gas station. Nobody should be driving far. Inevitably, you will need something, gas, water, flat tire, etc, and it is a big chillul Hashem. We need to stop the spread!
I'm not judging you, I'm just trying to get the word out. We really need to stop!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics