Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Is it to much to ask for?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:50 pm
To get through one task without a single interruption.
To get through a 3 minute phone call without an interruption.
To be able to go into my room for a 5 minute break without someone knocking on the door for something.
That you eat the hot fresh delicious meal that I serve you.
That if your not going to eat it, at least don’t say it’s the most disgusting supper you ever saw.
That you put you clothing in the hamper. Not next to the hamper, behind it, or on top of the lid. In the hamper.
That you brush your teeth without getting toothpaste all over the sink, counter, floor, towel...

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To get through one task without a single interruption.
To get through a 3 minute phone call without an interruption.
To be able to go into my room for a 5 minute break without someone knocking on the door for something.
That you eat the hot fresh delicious meal that I serve you.
That if your not going to eat it, at least don’t say it’s the most disgusting supper you ever saw.
That you put you clothing in the hamper. Not next to the hamper, behind it, or on top of the lid. In the hamper.
That you brush your teeth without getting toothpaste all over the sink, counter, floor, towel...

Do my kids live at your house??????

lilies

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:13 pm
Yes Smile

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:19 pm
Wait, yours actually brush their teeth?!

Lovemy5

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:25 pm
I’ll eat that fresh delicious meal if you’d like Smile

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:07 pm
Depends on the kid . For many kids yes it’s too much to ask

little neshamala

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:13 pm
Oh wow that thing about the toothpaste.....haaaa yes!! Ive never understood how it manages to get EVERYWHERE! Youre just brushing your teeth!

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:17 pm
Lucky you at least your kids put it on , near or behind the hamper. Unlike my kids, who leave it ALL over. Playroom. Under beds. Kitchen floor.... Can't Believe It

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:20 pm
Absolutely.
I tried to pick up the phone. My bell rang, my kettle whistled, my bell rang AGAIN, and when I picked up the phone, my husband said, "wow! The phone rang like 12 times! Why didn't the machine pick up!"

Ummmmm

You're sitting right there, sir, why didn't YOU pick up? Please social distance from ME!

I'm surrounded by crazy!

lilies

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 7:32 pm
deleted

Last edited by lilies on Thu, May 07 2020, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 1:49 am
lilies wrote:
My preschooler explained it to me. After her brother uses the toothpaste, she wants to clean it. She squeezes some, puts it around the sink because she can't touch it and the water makes it runny. Then she can squeeze some for herself.

I give up.

She needs her own tube of toothpaste. Also, keep an eye on her for OCD tendencies.

I used to babysit a girl who had to scrub the entire bathtub until it gleamed after her brother got out of the bath. I'd check the tub after the boy got out, and it was always clean (Hello, soap and water!) The girl would see invisible grunge that had to be disinfected Every. Single. Time. The girl was only 6 years old, and was meticulous about everything in the house. If I cut an apple "the wrong way", she'd have a fit. Sad

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 3:57 am
Any task I need to do, I do it with my airpods in.
Any "breaks" take place in the bathroom or the pantry.
Any laundry that lands on the floor goes onto the kid's bed.
And my running line when they kvetch "mooommmmyyyyy" is "mommy's dead. I'm her stunt double." And ignore the rest.

Aylat

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 5:54 am
Lovemy5 wrote:
I’ll eat that fresh delicious meal if you’d like Smile

Me too and I'll even say thank you!

trixx

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 5:56 am
On the bright side, this is in parenting not shalom bayis!!

Aylat

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 5:57 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Lucky you at least your kids put it on , near or behind the hamper. Unlike my kids, who leave it ALL over. Playroom. Under beds. Kitchen floor.... Can't Believe It

I find dirty socks everywhere Twisted Evil

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 6:54 am
Aylat wrote:
I find dirty socks everywhere Twisted Evil

Lol when I cleaned my room for pesach I found 12 of DH's socks under his bed. Somehow in the week since I had last tidied the room he managed to miss the hamper that sits 2 feet away from his bed 12 times Surprised

top mom

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 7:10 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Lol when I cleaned my room for pesach I found 12 of DH's socks under his bed. Somehow in the week since I had last tidied the room he managed to miss the hamper that sits 2 feet away from his bed 12 times Surprised

So I'm not the only one who was fishing socks from under dh's bed today?! Can't Believe It
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics