Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
My neighbors are coming out after 14 days

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:10 am
I Share a backyard with my neighbors. Some of them have had the virus and have been cooped up since purim. I really feel for them.

The health department told them clearly they can come out after 14 days. They will be coming out.

However I'm hearing they can still be contagious. Maybe.

But what can I do? It's their backyard too?

And I understand how badly they want to use it. I've been using it this last month and it saved my sanity. But it means my kids will be touching the same surfaces theirs touch.

It makes me nervous but I feel like there's nothing I can do if they got official permission.

nelliesmellie

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:11 am
Take turns with them- arrange times when you will be out and when they will, you have a right to be concerned and they have a right to their backyard

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:12 am
If you're truly worried, keep you kids in. The inconvenience is what everyone is experiencing.

Her kids deserve some outdoor time too. You had your turn, no? Wouldn't that sound like a fair estimation?

twizzlers1

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:13 am
I am so impressed that they really stayed totally inside and didn't come into the yard. That must have been so hard for them. I understand you might not be comfortable. Where you live is there a way to be tested to see if they still have it? If not I agree with a poster above that said maybe you could take turns.

sky

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:18 am
twizzlers1 wrote:
I am so impressed that they really stayed totally inside and didn't come into the yard. That must have been so hard for them. I understand you might not be comfortable. Where you live is there a way to be tested to see if they still have it? If not I agree with a poster above that said maybe you could take turns.

It’s almost impossible in usa to test.
Ppl who had it are given all clear 7 days after start or 3 days after last fever - which ever is longer.
Even nurses are returning to work after that time without retesting. (Per my friend)
However there is a possibility to be contagious for way longer.
But honestly there is no way for you to know that you and your kids aren’t contagious. You may be as much a risk to them as they are to you. You don’t know you don’t have it.
I’d split the yard. Keep furniture and toys separate sides. As much to protect them as you. Explain it like that so not to insult them.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:19 am
Where are you hearing that they can still be contagious after 14 days? CDC and DOH say otherwise. I was cleared before that time.

Hakol Bidei Shamayim

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:48 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Where are you hearing that they can still be contagious after 14 days? CDC and DOH say otherwise. I was cleared before that time.

Hakol Bidei Shamayim

That is comforting. That's what I've heard officially but then you have every Tom, d!ck, and Harry saying otherwise based on what they heard and that "no one really knows". Lo

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:02 pm
Are you only 2 families? Is the yardbig enough to divide into 2 sections?

sky

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:10 pm

Hakol Bidei Shamayim

According to what I’ve read ppl have tested positive 3 weeks later asymptomatic. They don’t know how long it stays in the body. The body can shed the virus for a long time.
Ppl are cleared to leave their houses by 7 days. But like everyone else encourage to wear gloves and masks.
Because so many ppl are asymptomatic it’s impossible to know who is contagious - including those who feel fine. So op could be as contagious as her neighbor..
Staying in their home 14 days is amazing.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:16 pm
doctors are cleared seven days after and are allowed back t o work

chanchy123

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:37 pm

Hakol Bidei Shamayim

In Israel you have to wait for two negative tests 48 hours apart and people are quarantined for weeks. Obviously you should follow your local protocol but I absolutely understand OPs concern and think there are a few good suggestions here.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:54 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
In Israel you have to wait for two negative tests 48 hours apart and people are quarantined for weeks. Obviously you should follow your local protocol but I absolutely understand OPs concern and think there are a few good suggestions here.

In NY (where I live) they are not retesting at all. I work in healthcare and was cleared to return after 10 days (could have been earlier but I had lingering symptoms) But by 10 days I was back on the subway, in the store, doing what I have to do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics