Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How do u honestly all manage ???
Previous  1  2

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:22 pm
Who says I'm managing?
I had around 20 hours of houshold help and my house is pesachdig, but nothing is cooked because there is no time!
Tomorrow my cleaning / household help is coming again for 5 hours. I'm afraid Whatever she'll do will be done the rest....
I mean literally, she cut up apples for compote. I rinsed and put it on the flame, so its boiled. But I didnt add the rest of the ingredience.... and so its still in the fridge from friday.... no sugar, no nothing.....
Im def NOT managing. But im coping bh. And well get there SOMEHOW.
On erev at least my husband will be home to help.

tichellady

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:22 pm
It’s a lot of work even when done simply. I am managing by getting lots of takeout and being very lenient with cleaning and kashering this year. My husband and I are both working together at night

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:40 pm
Like my friend told me tonight ,"lady, if you weren't overwhelmed right now, you wouldn't be normal!!" Hi
You'll get there... it's like friday afternoon you always get there right before shabbos comes in (regardless of what time it starts!!!)
You can cook on yom tov if needed.

miami85

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:04 pm
My husband has done a lot, couldn't do it without him. We made a calendar to do one area of the house each weekend since Purim.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:13 pm
OP it sounds like you are doing too much. Ami magazine posted notices from some rabbanim saying that pesach cleaning has to be different this year, minimal, otherwise it can be detrimental to your health and to that of your children.
If you want me to type up the guidelines, let me know.
You don't have to clean the chairs or couch. Everybody eats off the tablecloth covered table on pesach.
Even doing it simply is hard this year.
Yes pesach will be different this year. I wish my house could sparkle. But we will try to enjoy each other as a family.

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:14 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Like my friend told me tonight ,"lady, if you weren't overwhelmed right now, you wouldn't be normal!!" Hi
You'll get there... it's like friday afternoon you always get there right before shabbos comes in (regardless of what time it starts!!!)
You can cook on yom tov if needed.

There's actually a Yiddish saying going around now ווער ס'איז נאך נערמאל האט צוטוען מיט די נערוון

mra01385

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:15 pm
I’m also managing Bh but barely. I’m on full time oxygen from lung disease, I have no outside help and kids ages 10 and 7 home all day who need my attention too. My husband is a full time mashgiach in a grocery store that’s an hours drive from where I live. He has helped me tremendously though with all the shopping as I can’t risk going out and getting myself sick. I’ve been doing the cleaning little by little every week since purim. I can’t do too much cleaning at one time as its too physicality draining for me. Bh my 7 yr old loves to help out and he helped out tremendously already with my cabinets. Hopefully tomorrow I will finish turning over and start cooking. I do feel overwhelmed at times. Imyh HaShem will give me the strength to finish everything. I plan to cook simple meals and cook on yomtov too.

Rappel

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:36 pm
"Kosher" and "clean" are not the same thing. This year, focus on the former

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:43 pm
Honestly?
It gets easier every year with more experience.

I used to get physically sick from the erev work.

Every year I let more unimportant things go.
I only clean l’halacha and not l’spring clean...

I also am more organized and experienced.

Cooking will always remain a big job, but you get experienced.

essie14

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:45 pm
Rappel wrote:
"Kosher" and "clean" are not the same thing. This year, focus on the former

Exactly. My home is kosher for pesach but definitely not as clean as my usual standards.

I cleaned out just a few cabinets and I'm storing pots in a box in the corner of my dining room.
Floors are not being washed as often as usual. No fancy recipes this year.

mig100

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 10:49 pm
I cleaned my kitchen on Sunday. I made a soup today. Tomorrow id like to make some meat and potatoes.

If I have extra time I'll make something extra -probably won't.

We won't have tons of food. We will manage to have beautiful tom tov anyways

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 4:39 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Who says I'm managing?
I had around 20 hours of houshold help and my house is pesachdig, but nothing is cooked because there is no time!
Tomorrow my cleaning / household help is coming again for 5 hours. I'm afraid Whatever she'll do will be done the rest....
I mean literally, she cut up apples for compote. I rinsed and put it on the flame, so its boiled. But I didnt add the rest of the ingredience.... and so its still in the fridge from friday.... no sugar, no nothing.....
Im def NOT managing. But im coping bh. And well get there SOMEHOW.
On erev at least my husband will be home to help.

You still have household help?

amother
Red

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 4:47 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
DH and I are both working full time with 6 kids home and no full time help.

It's great you have help. Most of us have no help this year.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 4:55 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
It's great you have help. Most of us have no help this year.

I have no help at all now while DH and I are working full time with kids home.
I let her go when schools closed (she used to come 6 he’s per week)
.[ I’m still paying her because I have a job still and it’s not her fault ]

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 6:52 am
I am managing in terms of pesach. I put in a pesach kitchen this year and baked away the last couple weeks. I am basically done with that. (I gave baked goods to six family members as well).....cooking will be started today and I am doing super simple. Bh bh bh bh I don't have cleaning help regularly so I am not missing having any (not a financial decision). Dh usually does the cleaning and bh he did a lot of it now. I am still turning over some of my regular kitchen and did so last night ....

The kids ....that's another story. I have one who pushes every button every single minute of the day .....we are doing ok o guess but it's HARD.

Yesterday I just went to my room, closed the door and cried. I am working full time at home, three kids under foot, one super hard one....making pesach is my outlet. I love to cook and really enjoying that part.

mha3484

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 7:50 am
Sunshineforever wrote:
Hiya, you wrote you have a pretty good system that has taken you years to perfect. Care to share? I'm very curious

Sure. Take your total number of rooms subtracted by the bathrooms. I have 5 main rooms so I start cleaning 5 weeks before pesach. Now that my oldest is getting older and can do a lot of his own room himself I can wait until after purim to start. His rebbe is awesome and when he called erev shabbos to wish him a good shabbos the first thing he asked him was if he was helping his mother.

I clean mostly on Sundays and a little during the week. So each Sunday morning I do a room. For my 3 and 5 year old once their room is clean, I keep the door locked unless they are asleep since I can beg and beg and they still track food in there. My 9 year old fully gets it and does not eat in his room. I feel like when he makes the effort to clean it it motivates him to keep it that way.

I really dont have the koach to stand at the stove cooking for hours and I enjoy eating fresh meals so I cook a lot on yomtov so I dont stress out to get my kitchen turned over early.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 8:10 am
I’m also doing It no help from outside for first time in many years. Do what you have to. We put up shelves for pesach stuff and are not using pa try/ regular drawers. Ergo only washing what we have to.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 8:33 am
Forget about the rabbanim my mother gave me an earful about not going nuts this year. This year I did not use a single toothpick to clean. This year I did not drench my house in chemicals that are harsh on the lungs. This year I got rid of chametz. And moved on.

My 7 month old is also clingy and it's a challenge.... But I'm so grateful for him.

Lock it allll up and call it a day sis!

Put some meat/chicken potatoes and salt in a Crock-Pot or tin and mooooove on.

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:27 am
In terms of laundry, see if any of the laundromats in your area have wash-dry-fold services.

I am overwhelmed (like everyone else), so I dropped off about 50 lbs. of laundry this morning. It will be ready if a few hours. In my area, it ranges in cost from 0.75 to $1.50 per lb. In my state, laundromats are essential businesses and are still open.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics