Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I’M NOT MANAGING

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 5:21 pm
Ok?.?????
Lemme yell here instead of on the kids

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 5:23 pm
Let it out. You're definitely not alone.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 5:27 pm
Good for you! You did it here instead of on the kids! May it be a zchut for you.

I only yelled once.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 5:39 pm
Join the club! This is a safe space 🥰

anonymrs

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 6:51 pm
Me neither! 😚 I know that's not too helpful but at least you're not alone.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 7:24 pm
Ya, thanks everyone.
Bh in a shoebox with keh handful of kids underfoot spilling things constantly, & jumping on me & no where to send...
and still so much to do to get this place KFP....

Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

bigsis144

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 7:51 pm
My 16 month old keeps trying to sit on my lap while I scrub my oven grates...

One of my kids took out the Crispix and had a bowl of cereal on the dining room table (it’s not chametz Gamur... it’s not chametz Gamur...)...

I still need to clean my refrigerator...

keym

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 7:55 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

One of my kids took out the Crispix and had a bowl of cereal on the dining room table (it’s not chametz Gamur... it’s not chametz Gamur...)...

And now I'm singing your song.
It's not Chametz Gamur....it's not Chametz Gamur.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 7:55 pm
Everyone B-r-e-a-t-h-e....in and out , pause, in and and out .
We will all get through this together. Remind yourselves that it’s ok not to do a perfect job, and it’s ok if something doesn’t work out the way we want it to. Let go and let it happen.

(This is after I already did my screaming for the day 😉)

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 8:36 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

My son pulled off his diaper (his new trick) and we found his pita from our chametz lunch 😏 All over the cleaned for Pesach floor.

UQT

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:08 pm
Can someone mass produce medals that say
I MADE PESACH WITHOUT CLEANING HELP!
And give it out to all of us?!?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:06 pm
UQT wrote:
Can someone mass produce medals that say
I MADE PESACH WITHOUT CLEANING HELP!
And give it out to all of us?!?

Only if the back says "With everyone home for a month." How fun was cleaning rooms around kids who were sitting in them playing with whatever they could find or trying to get reconnected to Zoom classes?

Today I literally almost collapsed; got dizzy while making meatballs. Dh asked if I had remembered to eat and drink, and it was a good question. Then, instead of lying down, I went to let down the hem of dd's dress by hand because I can't get to the seamstress and it's gotten short on her. Because it counts as resting if you're sitting.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 3:52 am
Hey, op here with an update:)
We bh just finished Kashering!
Still have to vacuum and wash all the floors, a ton of laundry and linen to do, clean my bedroom (which wasn’t cleaned for pesach and probably has chometz) some last minute groceries of what first supermarket didn’t have plus plus.
And the sticky walls bother me. I know it’s not chometz, but I don’t like looking at that on pesach, neither do I like dusty window blinds etc etc...

But on the bright side- bh we’re home and not in the hospital and everyone is bh relatively healthy. Last yr Erev Pesach we had a medical emergency, so with that and all corona related tragedies are putting things in perspective for me...

Hoping all will still get done somehow... beh Smile

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:42 am
Just woke up to the sound of Rain pouring and lighting.... There goes my toaster oven, all kids electric scooters.. that I put on my porch so that I can finally clean out the room that had all the chomez...they are going to be so upset when they wake up!
NO I’m not managing!!!! I’ve been saying it non stop to my husband not possible for one person to do it all ( yes some kids help as mainly 14 yr old daughter 15,17 boys I should be thankful did their room and car 1/2 way)
It’s not like whatever problems we had before isn’t existing with whatever we’re dealing with now. As I mopped my kitchen floor Mon night(early am) my vision was blurred with tears from crying so hard about all I’m dealing with now.
My husband was more busy now that usual and not home most of the day to help as much ... I told him you stay home all day with the kids fighting , older kids doing things they shouldn't be doing , trying to log on a little to work , coordinating schools conferences that also led to fights when they overlapped and try cleaning and cooking with this all..And you will run away so fast!!!!
Yes we are healthy physically BH (and my parents recovering from their illness BH BH) but emotionally I think I’m ready to break down!!! I keep telling myself to be thankful that we are healthy after keep hearing diff ppl we know RL that were Niftar.
But aStill doesn’t take away from that IM NOT MANAGING!

No I don’t want a medal for making Pesach with out cleaning help bec the amount of screaming I did at the kids I don’t feel proud of it at all and this is not the way I want my kids to feel getting ready for Pesach is a stressful thing. Sad
Sorry for the long rant... but no I’m not managing!

Teomima

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:51 am
It's been an awful year. On top of everything we're all dealing with (kids home for a month, no help, no family, making Seder, etc.), my dh is in quarantine until the end of Pesach. So I'm doing it all, totally and completely alone. And sleeping on the couch, to boot (he's quarantined in our bedroom so I can't even sleep in my own bed).

BUT, b"h we're all healthy, the house is finally kashered, and the kids are watching pesach-themed shows while I am cooking away.

I told my kids they have the ultimate weapon. When they're grown, if any of their kids kvetch about any aspect of pesach in the future, they can just tell them, "Oy! You have no idea how lucky you are! When I was younger, we had the hardest Pesach you could ever imagine..." Yay Jewish guilt! Wink

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 8:14 am
I think y'all will find this relatable: Free PDF download of "The Long Winter" by Laura Engalls Wilder.

https://epdf.pub/the-long-wint......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics