Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Instant pot- please share your Pesach recipes!

tigerwife

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 4:10 pm
Bonus points for non-gebrokst!
The simpler the ingredients the better!
Thanks a million, Imas!

aliavi

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 5:11 pm
Good thread. Following. So far I’ve made soups and a whole chicken. I’m happy without the extra kitchen heat.

Does anyone have a KLP dessert recipe?

tigerwife

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 5:50 pm
aliavi wrote:
Good thread. Following. So far I’ve made soups and a whole chicken. I’m happy without the extra kitchen heat.

Does anyone have a KLP dessert recipe?

Cool, can you share the soup recipes? Do you convert random soup recipes?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 6:37 pm
Julie Hauser's expanded edition of her pesach while you sleep cookbook has an instant pot section.

aliavi

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 8:59 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Cool, can you share the soup recipes? Do you convert random soup recipes?

I did exactly that. I made sure not to fill past the maximum line and set to low pressure for about half the time I would normally cook for. I had to make two batches of chicken soup instead of the one in my large pot.

My year round zucchini soup recipe cooked then use the immersion blender.

2/3 zucchini, 1/3 gold potatoes and fill with water just below the top of the vegetables. Season with thyme and salt.

Will separate if not served fresh so blend again.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 2:42 pm
You can make so many things in the instant pot! Any soups (just use your regular recipe), and meatballs and stew both come out especially good. I also really like making corned beef in the instant pot, but I'm not sure if that's what you mean by "simple". Definitely very simple to make - just put in corned beef, cover with water and turn on.

I think you can make chicken and meat in it as well but I haven't done that yet so I don't have the recipe. I'm also told you can cook potatoes in it for mashed potatoes.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 2:53 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
You can make so many things in the instant pot! Any soups (just use your regular recipe), and meatballs and stew both come out especially good. I also really like making corned beef in the instant pot, but I'm not sure if that's what you mean by "simple". Definitely very simple to make - just put in corned beef, cover with water and turn on.

I think you can make chicken and meat in it as well but I haven't done that yet so I don't have the recipe. I'm also told you can cook potatoes in it for mashed potatoes.

Chicken and beef are amazing! Chicken takes about 30-35 minutes (can even put frozen) and beef about 40 on high pressure. It comes out so soft!

Potatoes are ready in about 5-8 minutes. Cut into large chunks and cover with water. Cook on high pressure. Drain when finished and proceed as usual.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 2:56 pm
I also find that chicken soup comes out perfect. You do need to skim it though, afterwards. Add your chicken, veggies, and water, and cook on high pressure for 30 mins to 1 hr, depending on how strong you like the flavor. Perfect every time.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 2:57 pm
I have an old fashioned pressure cooker, not an instapot....but I make beef stew in it every year on Pesach. It comes out absolutely soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture, and delicious. Could probably be made in instapot similarly.

I just saute onions and garlic, add in a package of stew meat and brown it, add potatoes and thick chunks of carrots, salt, pepper, spices, and water like 1/3 of the way up. Close the pressure, and cook for 40 minutes.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 3:14 pm
just made a brisket in the instant pot high pressure for 3 hours it melts in the mouth

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 3:49 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Chicken and beef are amazing! Chicken takes about 30-35 minutes (can even put frozen) and beef about 40 on high pressure. It comes out so soft!

Potatoes are ready in about 5-8 minutes. Cut into large chunks and cover with water. Cook on high pressure. Drain when finished and proceed as usual.

How do you make the chicken? I haven't yet figured out how to get it to come out good. What is your secret?

YoYo

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 4:18 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
just made a brisket in the instant pot high pressure for 3 hours it melts in the mouth

I find 45 min to an hr is enough for a brisket (in a good old fashioned pressure cooker)

tigerwife

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 6:11 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

Recipe?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics