Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I'm so upset at the grocery! Can't get food now:(

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:10 pm
I know this is long, but I really need to vent.
When this whole quarantine situation started, I asked my local grocery if I can pay with food stamps if I do a phone/email order. They said I can do it only if they are holding the actual card. So I gave them the card to keep in the store for now. I did a large order then. I got sick with the coronavirus a few days later. I really wasn't feeling well at all and I only started cleaning for Pesach the day before yesterday. I didn't buy Pesach food yet. I will be eating meals first days with a family member that lives on my block, so I didn't need to start cooking a ton in advance, but we still need a nice amount of food in the house. (don't throw tomatoes. My doctor okayed it based on specific circumstances including mental health issues. We also all already recovered from the virus). I wanted to do my Pesach order today, and the grocery store said that they can't do it because they lost the card. They said I can cancel the card and request a new one, but that takes 2 weeks and I need it today or tomorrow morning! I asked them if I can just give them the numbers, and they don't let. I didn't work this month and couldn't get through to unemployment yet. And generally, even when I'm working, I rely on the food stamps for most of my food expenses. So now I need to figure put the extra money to pay my pesach order in this already financially crazy time! Someone offered to lend me the money, so I will have some extra time to figure it out, but it's still an expense that I hadn't counted on. It's so frustrating. I'm really upset about the way the grocery handled the situation!!!

OutATowner

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:14 pm
I know this isn't the point of your post, but can I send you $50 to help a little? If yes, please pm me an email for PayPal or zelle.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:34 pm
Could they put it on credit and let you pay when you get your replacement card? Seeing as they lost it... Also might be more trustworthy than regular credit because this money is coming to you for food only so you wouldn't decide not to pay (not you, but a snap customer in general)

RuralIma

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:33 pm
I can zelle or PayPal you some money for groceries also. I understand being in a tight spot with groceries and BH my husband and I are in a good spot right now and already did our shopping so we can help. Just PM me and I'll send what I can. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:34 am
Thank you OutAtowner and RuralIma for your kind offer. It's really heartwarming to see that there are truly special people out there that are so kind. It makes me feel really lucky to be part of Klal Yisroel.
I will not accept your offers, because b"h I figured something out with the grocery for now. They were not nice about it all along, but in the end, they made an exception to their policy. Baruch Hashem!
Have a truly peaceful, happy, healthy and kosheren Pesach!

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:40 am
I'm so happy it all worked out. I hope you have a relaxing, enjoyable yom tov with lots of good food!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics