Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help!! Horrible nipple crack

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 7:58 pm
DS started off breastfeeding latching on incorrectly. I noticed it in the hospital and I tried to fix itz clearly I didnt. I am now a few days PP and I am in agony during nursing. There looks like there is a small whole in my.nipple! It hurts the first.minute or so and then the pain.is.gone .
I am fixing the latch but anyone have advice on healing the crack asap?
I meed help!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 8:00 pm
Meant to add, ive been using lanolin. But its not healing

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 8:10 pm
Clean nipple with saline water. Pat dry. Express a little milk. Rub over crack. Then put 2 ointments. One antibiotic such as bacitracin, and one antifungal like monostat or similar. Repeat the process at least 3 times a day.
I saw this online from a specialized breastfeeding doctor from Canada. I don’t recall his name.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 8:27 pm
I had the same pain but went away after a week or so of nursing, I think it was just my body getting used to it. Also my dr advised me not to use any ointments or creams since it can get infected through the cracks. Ask your ob

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 8:30 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I had the same pain but went away after a week or so of nursing, I think it was just my body getting used to it. Also my dr advised me not to use any ointments or creams since it can get infected through the cracks. Ask your ob

This is far from my first bh. I know.nursing. this is a huge crack/ hole. I see it clearly. It won't just go away from getting used to it

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 8:38 pm
I had a horrible cracked nipple.
The only thing that worked was after nursing I would express some milk and rub it on the nipple and let it air dry as much as possible.
I didnt put the flap of my bra up and walked around the house with a loose fitting tee shirt.
Thats is the only thing that helped me and I had a really bad crack.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 8:41 pm
You might want to get a nipple shield until you heal.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:15 pm
Ez nurse ointment

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:40 pm
If you happen to b in Lkwd- Rolling Eyes Rivky Senderowitz recommends and sells a cream- works wonders - don’t remember which one (I mean this was years ago)

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:53 pm
These are pricy but they really helped me heal when my nipples were cracked from nursing a baby with a tongue tie pre-frenectomy.

https://www.amazon.com/Ameda-C.....r=8-2

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:56 pm
I had terrible cracks on both sides when trying to nurse my first and absolutely nothing helped, except time. I used lanolin, expressed milk, another cream recommended by my lactation consultant and they took forever to heal Sad Not to mention that DC was impossible with nursing and I stopped nursing/pumping by 4 months so it was hardly worth the struggle...

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:59 pm
APNO (All Purpose Nipple Ointment) doctor prescribed it. Works miracles!

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:29 pm
I found that nursing cups works wonders for this. I use it for the first week or two.

PractclyPerfect

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:05 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Ez nurse ointment

EZ Nurse is amazing, but I believe it is actual chametz.

esther11

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:22 pm
I had this with my first. It is reallllly painful!
I got tons of advice and tips and everything, but the main thing I found was making sure my nipple was TOTALLY dry. I didn’t have time to air dry it, so I would super gently rest a cloth or tissue on it to absorb any of the baby’s saliva.
Once dry I would apply lanolin (or breast milk to air dry, but I rarely had time).

I had 6 weeks of pain and bleeding, once I started to dry everything off, I healed in about a week.

Mazel tov!

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DS started off breastfeeding latching on incorrectly. I noticed it in the hospital and I tried to fix itz clearly I didnt. I am now a few days PP and I am in agony during nursing. There looks like there is a small whole in my.nipple! It hurts the first.minute or so and then the pain.is.gone .

I am fixing the latch but anyone have advice on healing the crack asap?
I meed help!

Just had this. Hurts so badly!
I took phytolacca 200c homeopthic Remedy 2x a day. I didn't find cream helpful. Also took calendula pellets in 200c for other things and idk if that helped with that too or not.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 12:03 am
Lanolin and nipple shield
Wish I had more to.offer

tzimip

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:31 am
There's a cream called triple nipple cream. It's a combination of 3 different ointments. By prescription. In lakewood

ysydmom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:45 am
use hot compress also, try a chamomile tea bag it works wonders.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics