Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Erev pesach--losing my mind

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 12:48 am
Was having a good erev pesach--good pace, then I couldnt remember where I put my phone down, I was trying to call it and could only hear it faintly and my kids were making such a ruckus I couldn't hear it, a few miins later I tried again, and it went straight to voicemail--meaning battery died, so then I was looking for it while putting out. the 10 pieces of bread for my husband but my 2 yr old was following me so I had to do it quickly and now we cant find the last piece. It is almost 1am, I havent cooked or baked anything yet, still havent found my phone. I've said amar r'binyamin and my usually easy baby is being fussy tonight. I am so sore right now from all my cleaning today.

lifesagift

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 12:52 am
Go to sleep, leave it for your husband, good night:)

crust

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 12:54 am
Go to sleep.
Yom tov is special because you can cook!!

You can bake for second days.

Your husband should call a dayan. Perhaps you never had 10 peices? Ask and go to sleep.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:08 am
crust wrote:
Go to sleep.
Yom tov is special because you can cook!!

You can bake for second days.

Your husband should call a dayan. Perhaps you never had 10 peices? Ask and go to sleep.

cook yes, but baking is more difficult b/c I cant adjust my oven in Sabbath mode. I'm more concerned about my phone.

Baby still isnt sleeping.

renslet

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:08 am
We had that once at home, my father (who is the Rav of a community) said "well that's the point of kol chamira. Why would I say it if I don't believe in it.
My mother found the piece on erev Rosh hashana!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:18 am
yay phone was found! We said kol chamira anyway. I'm just feeling very overwhelmed husband was not in a good mood going into bedikas chometz b/c my kids were not cooperating (one in particular who goes from being Mr. Helpful, to Mr. Devil). This is only my 2nd time making pesach and1st time beinghome for all of the meals, I havent shopped properly so missing key ingredients so couldn't even get started tonight--all grocery stores are closed early due to Covid restrictions. Tomorrow is going to be fun!

Cookiegirl

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:39 am
You can do it! Good luck. I hope everything falls into place perfectly and all the aggravation is over!

crust

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
yay phone was found! We said kol chamira anyway. I'm just feeling very overwhelmed husband was not in a good mood going into bedikas chometz b/c my kids were not cooperating (one in particular who goes from being Mr. Helpful, to Mr. Devil). This is only my 2nd time making pesach and1st time beinghome for all of the meals, I havent shopped properly so missing key ingredients so couldn't even get started tonight--all grocery stores are closed early due to Covid restrictions. Tomorrow is going to be fun!

Wow so happy you found your phone!

Please remember one thing; you are normal!!

I'm a great "Pesach maker". I'm totally not afraid of this Yom Tov bh. Yes its work and all but I usually have it all under control.

This year...
Its different. Just different.

Also, tiny secret- dont get schlepped in to your husbands mood. He will come around by the second night. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics