Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
No exercise
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:09 pm
Is anyone else having this issue? My usual exercise is walking around town and I get just enough.
Now that I'm at home for 4+ weeks I'm not getting decent exercise and my hormones seem to be knocked off balance. I'm spotting, getting irregular periods, etc. It's so annoying and frustrating.
Technically I can exercise at home but practically it's not happening. I can only do low impact exercise and it's just not enough.
Help I dont want to take progesterone again. This has happened before when I wasn't getting enough exercise. I want my regular cycles back.
And how do people manage having their period over a 3 day yt? I literally just wait for it to be over so I can shower.

pause

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:18 pm
I miss my exercise too. The physical and mental benefits I get are sorely lacking... I see it on the scale, I see it in my moods...

As for having period over YT, you are allowed to wash a body part with warm water, just like you can wash your hands. Make sure to pre-dilute liquid soap before YT. Some people take a full body shower, but even if you don't, one body part is not a problem. You can ask your own LOR about this, but there's no reason for YT to be yucky for you.

RuralIma

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:29 pm
Can you do pilates? It's low impact. Or it's not as interesting or nice but can you just walk around your house? Sometimes that's what I end up doing and try not to trip over the kid or the dog haha.

CPenzias

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 12:15 am
I've been taking a walk every day. Though I do miss the gym and now they're closing the parks Sad

aussie2

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 12:23 am
Yup usually go to the gym 4x per week and I am missing the physical and mental benefits..
I have been doing walks.. but def doesn't get my heart rate up enough.. and haven't had the time to do long enough.. so I was doing it more for the fresh air.. mental break..

flowerpower

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 12:44 am
I’m grateful for having steps in my
House. I miss my jog too!!!! I feel
Like a ( edited it by mod).

twizzlers1

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 5:45 am
I used to go to the gym days a week. I have been finding such agreat videos on YouTube.I don't like all of them but I have been amazed at house or I feel just doing at home workouts. Some of them are with weights which I have but a lot of them are just with body weight. There are also different length videos so you can pick one base on how much time you have or put a few together. One of my favorites is Pamela Reif. And there is another channel called blogilates which has probably hundreds of videos. You can search based on what body part you want. I feel like once you start even with a short video you want to continue a bit longer. I know that I would feel absolutely terrible if I couldn't exercise everyday. I know it's not the same I don't be happy to get back to the gym but in the meantime at least it's something.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 6:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I literally just wait for it to be over so I can shower.

You're allowed to wash selectively.

DrMom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 6:27 am
Lots of workouts on youtube.

If you are allowed to leave your house, you can go for a walk (depends on where you live and what the rules are - here in Israel we can only travel 100m from our home, which isn't much).

You can also do exercises with the kids: jumprope, frisbee (if you have a yard or driveway), etc.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 6:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can only do low impact exercise and it's just not enough.

Does this mean that you are physically not able to do high impact exercise and being at home doesn't offer enough opportunity for that, or that you need to do high impact but at home you can only do low?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 7:04 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Does this mean that you are physically not able to do high impact exercise and being at home doesn't offer enough opportunity for that, or that you need to do high impact but at home you can only do low?

Physically I can only do low impact. I get dizzy doing anything more strenuous.

I need my walks but we aren't leaving the house. Right now I've only had time for 5 minute stretching in the morning.

I do wash limb by limb but the Rav told me only cold water on yomtov so it's not the same.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 7:05 am
twizzlers1 wrote:
I used to go to the gym days a week. I have been finding such agreat videos on YouTube.I don't like all of them but I have been amazed at house or I feel just doing at home workouts. Some of them are with weights which I have but a lot of them are just with body weight. There are also different length videos so you can pick one base on how much time you have or put a few together. One of my favorites is Pamela Reif. And there is another channel called blogilates which has probably hundreds of videos. You can search based on what body part you want. I feel like once you start even with a short video you want to continue a bit longer. I know that I would feel absolutely terrible if I couldn't exercise everyday. I know it's not the same I don't be happy to get back to the gym but in the meantime at least it's something.

Would you be able to share some links that you enjoy?

MiriFr

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 7:13 am
I do mendy music a few times a day with my 3yo. WHO EVEN NEEDS A GYM, AMIRIGHT??
OP, try blogilates on youtube.

About showers, we take cold aiver b'aiver showers if desperate. And we use foaming soap. So I'll use foaming hand soap (we have by the sink in each bathroom, anyway) for my body, and foaming Summers Eve for my lady bits

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 7:49 am
I've been doing low impact videos online. Less intensity than I'm used to but keeps me feeling healthy. It's hard to find time but Dh knows it's a necessity so will help me make time for it.

aliavi

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 10:04 am
I’m not so strict about exercise normally. I can be co tent with a nice walk but exercise videos have helped me keep my sanity and keep from aching so much.

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 10:08 am
I agree op - hiking is the best. However, I've taken to cleaning up to music, so I rock out and dance with the kids a lot, and that definitely counts! Keep finding ways to make every little action into a little more of a stretch, a little more of a workout, and you'll feel better.

FancyPansy

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 9:20 pm
I miss my exercise. I am putting on weight, and I just don't feel right. Exercising in the house is just not enough, walking just gets me tired but has no effect on my heart rate.

etky

Post Thu, Apr 09 2020, 2:36 pm
I'm having a very hard time.
I tried a few things from youtube and the administrator of our local gym keeps putting out lessons on FB and other videos.
I find that it's hard for me to set aside time for this type of exercise and I'm a person who spends many hours a week exercising at the gym and walking.
It's just not the same at home. I don't have the right floor and find that my joints ache after doing the cardio exercise that I like. I also find it very tedious to do it alone.
Add to that that I also don't like exercising in my bedroom and that is really the only place I can do it.
Maybe if I had more space with better conditions it would be different.
Also, nothing can replace the 'flow' that I get from walking outside.
So yes, the lack of exercise is affecting me both mentally and physically.
I was in really good shape before this thing started and now, probably not so much. It's very depressing.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Apr 09 2020, 3:40 pm
As an essential worker I'm still getting the bus to work every day. And since so few people are travelling, the bus ride is much faster than normal. I've started getting off the bus a couple of stops early, and getting in a ten to fifteen minute walk each way. It's at least as safe for me as being on the bus, and I'm early enough that I don't often see anyone else, so I don't have to worry about them. I'm not recommending doing anything like that unless you have to be out anyway, but those walks have been a huge relief to both my physical and mental health.

Aylat

Post Fri, Apr 10 2020, 8:43 am
I really miss swimming Sad
I just went for a long walk in the rain (through empty fields) and feel much better.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics