Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What are you eating tomorrow?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 8:15 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I thought you’re supposed to finish the afikomen by chatzos.

Chatzos is at about 1.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 8:20 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Never heard of this. We eat kitnyos till zman yom tov.

I said generally. But if your rabbi says otherwise, great. Enjoy. I commented because sometimes people assume they can eat kitniyot since it's not actually chametz, and yet the majority tradition is that once you don't eat chametz, you don't eat anything you wouldn't eat on Pesach.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 8:37 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I said generally. But if your rabbi says otherwise, great. Enjoy. I commented because sometimes people assume they can eat kitniyot since it's not actually chametz, and yet the majority tradition is that once you don't eat chametz, you don't eat anything you wouldn't eat in Pesach.

Oh, maybe we should look into it.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 9:32 am
My kids literally ate pudding for breakfast and chips and grapes for lunch.
I warm up my food for the seder early and everyone can have whatever they want at a normal dinner time before resting for the seder.

seder (and what people can eat earlier if they want) is: eggs, chicken soup, roast, mashed potatoes, carrot kugel, broccoli, yellow cake.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 10:02 am
Shulchun orech is typically just chicken soup . We eat a full supper at 5/6 pm. I can’t condition my body to eat a meal at midnight . Eating the matzah and just staying awake is hard enough .

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 10:04 am
Breakfast is the random remaining chometz.

Lunch is cheese and fish and salad.

5 pm snack of kugel and chicken.

During Seder is soup, an egg, chicken, brisket, kugel, and roast veggies.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:43 pm
Thanks Olive for the egg and potato idea! I made for lunch and there were a few complaints but everyone ate it Very Happy which is a victory around here!

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 3:45 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Thanks Olive for the egg and potato idea! I made for lunch and there were a few complaints but everyone ate it Very Happy which is a victory around here!

Oh good! Very Happy

Metukah

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 5:39 pm
Breakfast was whatever cereal was left with milk.
For lunch, eaten at about 1, I made roast chicken, schnitzel (chicken nuggets), roast potatoes and sweet potatoes and a veg salad.
After that everyone showered and slept. I think I should have had another meal prepared for 6ish.
Seder started after 10, shulchan orech was around midnight. By then everyone was famished. The kids were begging for more karpas.
Are there really people who don't prepare a meal on erev pesach? Poor family, they must be starving. Erev pesach will give them bad memories. It's not like they can eat some crackers/a sandwich or takeout.
My mom who wasn't and still isn't a big cook on the best of days, always made sure we had a full satisfying meal on erev pesach. (that's more than I can say for pesach itself).
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics