Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anecdotal evidence
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:26 pm
In my circles, many people, adults included had measles last year. Of those who had measles last year most of them have a much milder form of corona. Symptoms are headache, no taste, etc. but no fever, no dreadful cough, no being in bed for 10 days. I wonder if there's anything to it or just coincidence.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:31 pm
and those who did not have measles last year? how are they doing?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:35 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
and those who did not have measles last year? how are they doing?

Some like this and some like that.

cnc

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:37 pm
No measles and no corona Bh

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:43 pm
My baby and I had similar mild cases. Neither of us had the measles. I got the vaccine again last year and she hasn’t had any measles exposure.

crust

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:48 pm
Any anecdotes about patients that had their appendix removed?

Appendix is supposed to protect you from pandemics. Or so the legend goes.

itsmeima

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In my circles, many people, adults included had measles last year. Of those who had measles last year most of them have a much milder form of corona. Symptoms are headache, no taste, etc. but no fever, no dreadful cough, no being in bed for 10 days. I wonder if there's anything to it or just coincidence.

How many people participated in your study?

How many people who have participated in your study tested positive for COVID-19?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:59 pm
I imagine “anecdotal evidence” is why those in your circles weren’t vaccinated and contracted the measles? This kind of “evidence” without proper studies is dangerous

crust

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:00 pm
itsmeima wrote:
How many people participated in your study?

How many people who have participated in your study tested positive for COVID-19?

How dare you make fun of this study?

Tongue Out

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:12 pm
and two anti vaxers that died Sad and a few very sick, intubated. I wonder I'd them having had the measles may have weakened them .

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:25 pm
crust wrote:
Any anecdotes about patients that had their appendix removed?

Appendix is supposed to protect you from pandemics. Or so the legend goes.

Is it ok if I correct you? I think you meant spleen? Check the Journal for Spleens, 1985 edition- you’ll find it a fascinating read.

crust

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:38 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Is it ok if I correct you? I think you meant spleen? Check the Journal for Spleens, 1985 edition- you’ll find it a fascinating read.

Please correct me! I read up about it when my son had appendicitis and he was petrified what an appendix was made for.

I honestly don't remember what the truth is but I just thought that if we have one shtus on a thread we might as well start with all the legends.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:39 pm
I know a few people who tested positive, yet have no symptoms or just a headache. Fully vaxxed. So what does that prove?

octopus

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:55 pm
Thank you for the good chuckle!!

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Laugh

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 3:49 pm
OP - I'm sorry you are being bashed... I thought your post was totally reasonable. what is was missing (and I asked for it in my first post) was how the "measles group" compared to the "general population group" as , from what I've read, most people who are infected have weak cases.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:02 pm
crust wrote:
Please correct me! I read up about it when my son had appendicitis and he was petrified what an appendix was made for.

I honestly don't remember what the truth is but I just thought that if we have one shtus on a thread we might as well start with all the legends.

What’s an appendix made for? What’s in a spleen? I guess they were created to give us diversion from carona talk. Indeed. I’m finding that I’m even enjoying measles talk these days. Anything but.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:03 pm
I'm glad you all found it funny although I was asking a serious question. Obviously this isn't a study - I titled my thread with what this is, anecdotal evidence. Besides this doesn't mean that those who didn't have measles didn't have mild. I wonder why so many of you jumped to that conclusion. My observation was that whoever had measles had mild symptoms like loss of taste, headache etc. while many others have fever for many days, bad cough, weakness, etc. There aren't enough measled adults out there for me to say anything definite, and obviously this could be totally coincidental because many non-measled people have mild symptoms too.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:04 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Laugh

In my circles, Half of us had carona. Of that half, half had mild cases and the other half had tougher cases. None of us had measles

crust

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:07 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
What’s an appendix made for? What’s in a spleen? I guess they were created to give us diversion from carona talk. Indeed. I’m finding that I’m even enjoying measles talk these days. Anything but.

Oh! I am sorry I didnt get you the first time around. You know- with your high end journals from the 1950s and all I thought you were a researcher that I can't prove wrong.

I'm sure doctors are tearing their hairs out now that they realize how helpful an appendix and measles are. What a shame.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics