Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Someone owes the Chinese people an apology
1  2  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 09 2020, 1:32 pm
From the NY Times Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:10 PM EST

The virus came to the New York area mainly from Europe, not Asia, genetic analysis shows, arriving weeks before the first confirmed case.

“The majority is clearly European,” said Harm van Bakel, a geneticist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who co-wrote a study awaiting peer review.

A separate team at N.Y.U. Grossman School of Medicine came to strikingly similar conclusions, despite studying a different group of cases.

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 09 2020, 1:35 pm
Right, because there was already a travel ban in place for flights from China.

But the virus originated in China.

And nobody is faulting the avg Chinese citizen for anything. It's the Chinese govt which is at fault for mishandling and misreporting.

etky

Post Thu, Apr 09 2020, 2:18 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

[b]The virus came to the New York area mainly from Europe, not Asia,[/b] genetic analysis shows, arriving weeks before the first confirmed case.

“The majority is clearly European,” said Harm van Bakel, a geneticist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who co-wrote a study awaiting peer review.

A separate team at N.Y.U. Grossman School of Medicine came to strikingly similar conclusions, despite studying a different group of cases.

Same here - from Italy and France at first, and then from other European destinations.
Too bad they didn't legislate the order for travelers arriving from these destinations to self-quarantine earlier than they did.
Instead there was a preoccupation with Asia which was justified at the time of course.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 09 2020, 3:19 pm
etky wrote:
Same here - from Italy and France at first, and then from other European destinations.
Too bad they didn't legislate the order for travelers arriving from these destinations to self-quarantine earlier than they did.
Instead there was a preoccupation with Asia which was justified at the time of course.
most of the world thought Israel was exaggerating. Countries were angry Israel was didn't let people come. I think that's why Israel was very cautious in the beginning with quarantining everyone. The citizens couldn't accept it and tourist saw it almost like a punishment

slushiemom

Post Thu, Apr 09 2020, 3:53 pm
Actually, China owes the world an apology...

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 1:33 pm
Frantic, you’re posting misinformation. Seriously, you’re actually implying this virus is from Europe? Can't Believe It
The virus originated in China. That’s an undisputed fact. Unfortunately due to the coverup by the Chinese government, countries around the world did not realize the urgency in which they needed to act as far as closing their borders. And so it traveled from China around the globe. No one blames the innocent chinese people. They are victims of their dictatorial government. China owes its citizens and everyone world wide an apology.

Brownies

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 4:55 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

The virus came to the New York area mainly from Europe, not Asia, genetic analysis shows, arriving weeks before the first confirmed case.

How do you think it got to Europe? I really don’t get your point.

Metukah

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 5:19 pm
slushiemom wrote:

Absolutely.

abound

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 5:47 pm
like an apology will do mean anything.......there is no way to apologize or repent for this.....

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 8:51 pm
Trump put the ban on flights from China on January 31. Prior to that ban, during the month of January there were more than 1300 hundred flights originating from China to 17 different U.S. airports. Yes, this is the Chinese governments fault.
Not to mention as others have pointed out, flights leaving from China were going all over the world for several weeks after China was aware of the problem. Those flights infected literally half the globe.

lilies

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 9:21 pm
Is nobody reading John Loftus in the Ami?

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 9:43 pm
lilies wrote:

I did. I can't decide if I should believe him.

amother
Green

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 9:44 pm
slushiemom wrote:

YES!

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 10:35 pm
Nothing about this virus is an undisputed fact.
let me share something. In December, I was sick. I thought it was a terrible flu, and it probably was. BUT I never ever experienced a flu like that in my life. I was also together with extended family 2 weeks before that and at least 10 out of 100 was sick. Now I still think it was the flu. but I googled "could I have had coronavirus in December" and this came up. (and other articles from Italy etc.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story.....7001/

Just saying, theres so much they don't know about this virus.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
let me share something. In December, I was sick. I thought it was a terrible flu, and it probably was. BUT I never ever experienced a flu like that in my life. I was also together with extended family 2 weeks before that and at least 10 out of 100 was sick. Now I still think it was the flu. but I googled "could I have had coronavirus in December" and this came up. (and other articles from Italy etc.)

The article says it's unlikely. Next.

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
The article says it's unlikely. Next.

again, point is, they still say that there need further testing . Tehre was another article coming out of Italy that they seem to think so. when they say things so definitely when they're speaking out of their a** I take an unlikely as a possibility.

Next.

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

The discussion is whether China is in large part responsible for what has happened to the world. The indisputable answer is YES. The reason is simple. When they already knew about the dangers of this virus, in terms of how easily it spreads and how deadly it is, they continued to do the following:

1. Lie about the spread and dangers of the virus. They are undoubtedly still doing that to this very day. In country of 1.2 billion people, the claim to have 80,000 total cases and around 3300 deaths. These numbers are comically low. The UK said recently that they believe China's numbers are up to 40 times higher than what they claim to be.

2. Because they were pretending there was no meaningful problem, they allowed travel without ANY restrictions. Approximately 20,000 Chinese people a day were flying out of China all over the world. This obviously caused the spread to get exponentially worse than it could have been had China admitted to the problem and not allowed travel.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 12:10 am
This should be obvious, but there was no reason for the US to rely on official reports coming out of China. That's why we have our own intelligence service! We were supposed to be gathering facts and data on the risk to the US and acting on it way before the disaster hit our shores. Also, travel from China wasn't exactly banned. People from the US and other countries were still allowed to travel freely to and from China as the epidemic was raging.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 12:20 am
lilies wrote:

No. Fill us in?

malki2

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 12:31 am
lilies wrote:

WADR, John Loftus lost credibility with me when for over a year he appeared almost nightly on the John Batchelor show post 9-11, constantly making claims about the “WMDs” in Iraq which never turned up.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics