Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Attention Pet Owners!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 1:02 pm
If you haven't already done so, don't forget to switch over your pet's food to pesadik chametz-free food. Birds, fish, cats, dogs, guinea pigs, whatever you have, it's got to be chametz-free.

Kitniyot is OK.

I went to do bedikas chametz, and found out that I still had their old food and bowls out. Surprised

singleagain

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 1:12 pm
I remember last year I was watching my brothers gecko. And it's a good thing crickets aren't chometz. But the cricket food is. I put the cricket food away. And bought just enough crickets to feed the gecko without keeping the crickets in their own cage. Made clean up easier also

Rappel

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 1:14 pm
I lost patience with the absent deliveries. Our dog and cats will be surviving on tuna fish and rice for a week.

Rappel

Post Thu, Apr 09 2020, 1:31 pm
Who else has a food snob among their pets???

Our dog will eat anything, and our young cat will eat nearly anything. Our older cat, on the other hand, just turns her nose up at the pesach offerings, and loudly demands proper meat. (Yeah, right, buddy...) She's on a hunger strike right now, and I know she's just going to get tetchier and more stubborn over the week. But she has enough stored around her middle to last her a month, however sour her attitude is, so I'm not worried about her health.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Apr 09 2020, 3:52 pm
My cats both rejected their Pesach food as soon as I opened it, and went on hunger strike for a couple of days, announcing loudly that they couldn't be expected to eat something like that - at least when I was looking. Mysteriously, the bowls were empty when I got home from work...

Erev Pesach I opened I tin of tuna to make lunch, and poured the water over their rejected breakfasts, and they gobbled the lot up. Since then I've had no trouble.

At some seders the drama happens when the children steal the afikoman. By us, the drama was stopping the cats stealing the zeroa off the seder plate! They got it once the seder was over.

As for real meat, unfortunately one of them has just provided herself with fresh meat. At least this cat eats everything, as opposed to the other who brings it in to show off her hunting skills, then leaves the remains on the floor...

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 09 2020, 9:22 pm
My cats have decided that the dog's new food tastes much better than their new food.

The dog prefers the cat's new food. Go figure.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Apr 10 2020, 3:45 am
Our dog has her regular food. The animal store sells kosher lepesach food but we couldnt get there and we looked at the ingredients and it was only kitniot. And we usually give her some real food anyway during the day, it would never be enough for her.

Rappel

Post Fri, Apr 10 2020, 3:58 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Our dog has her regular food. The animal store sells kosher lepesach food but we couldnt get there and we looked at the ingredients and it was only kitniot. And we usually give her some real food anyway during the day, it would never be enough for her.

Can I have your Rav's number? Very Happy

We buy decent quality food throughout the year, so our cat food had no questionable ingredients, and our dog food had only yeast, right at the end (yay, gluten free trends!). I was so excited that we might not have to play the food game this year, but I told DH to ask our Rav anyway, and he said we should sell it because there still could be processing issues. We did it, but now I feel like it was probably a case of broken telephone, since DH didn't look over the bags...

Elfrida

Post Fri, Apr 10 2020, 4:00 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:

If we only had the regular dog food, and did not add any Pesach food - dayenu?
If we got the Pesach food, but did not add real food - dayenu?

Rappel

Post Fri, Apr 10 2020, 6:21 am
Elfrida wrote:
If we only had the regular dog food, and did not add any Pesach food - dayenu?
If we got the Pesach food, but did not add real food - dayenu?

Lol.

If we added Pesach food, but did not have tuna juice to pour on it - dayenu!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 10 2020, 8:10 am
Rappel wrote:
Lol.

If we added Pesach food, but did not have tuna juice to pour on it - dayenu!

If we had tuna juice to pour on it, but can't keep the cats off the counters - dayenu!

(I really love where this thread is going. LOL )

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Apr 10 2020, 8:25 am
Rappel wrote:
Can I have your Rav's number? Very Happy

We buy decent quality food throughout the year, so our cat food had no questionable ingredients, and our dog food had only yeast, right at the end (yay, gluten free trends!). I was so excited that we might not have to play the food game this year, but I told DH to ask our Rav anyway, and he said we should sell it because there still could be processing issues. We did it, but now I feel like it was probably a case of broken telephone, since DH didn't look over the bags...
We didnt ask. We read the ingredients and there was only kitniyot, rice, no actual chametz, so we just went with that this year.

Rappel

Post Fri, Apr 10 2020, 8:31 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
If we had tuna juice to pour on it, but can't keep the cats off the counters - dayenu!

(I really love where this thread is going. LOL )

If we could keep the cats off the counters, but we couldn't keep their muddy paws off our beds- dayenu!

(Ugh. And no laundry until next week.)

Elfrida

Post Fri, Apr 10 2020, 9:20 am
If we couldn't keep the muddy paws off the beds, but could stop them playing hide and seek in the Pesach boxes - dayenu!

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 4:57 pm
Rappel wrote:
If we could keep the cats off the counters, but we couldn't keep their muddy paws off our beds- dayenu!

(Ugh. And no laundry until next week.)

I have a cat who loves to hang out on the hot/cold water dispenser, and look out the kitchen window. (By "look out", I mean she loves to smell the outdoors. She's actually completely blind.)

Rearranging the kitchen has really messed her up, because things are not where she expects them to be. The other night I hear this CRASH! I roll over and yell "Hey, quit it!" and go back to sleep.

It turns out that she had slipped off of the water dispenser, knocking the supply hose loose. When I woke up the entire kitchen was flooded, and I had to use all my newly clean bath towels to soak it up.

Now I have no clean towels, can't do laundry, and I'm wondering if I can even hang the towels out to dry, because of maris ayin. I don't want the neighbors to think I'm doing my laundry.

DAYENU!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics