Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Any egg free cake recipe?
1  2  Next

octopus

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 6:19 pm
We brok. Am I living in a dream world that u can do this without eggs? (Allergy).

keym

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 6:25 pm
I have 2 recipes. I have to find them.
Any other restrictions?

MiriFr

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 6:33 pm
Pesach + allergies = underweight me!

It's real rough. I make apple crisp and just eat it for breakfast, lunch, supper, and snack. I just mix potato starch, brown sugar, oil, and cinnamon until it's crumbly, and overload it on top and on bottom of prepped apples.

octopus

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:36 pm
keym wrote:
I have 2 recipes. I have to find them.
Any other restrictions?

I guess I wasn't thinking. Nut allergy too. I know. Worst allergies for pesach. TMI

Last edited by octopus on Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

octopus

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:36 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Pesach + allergies = underweight me!

It's real rough. I make apple crisp and just eat it for breakfast, lunch, supper, and snack. I just mix potato starch, brown sugar, oil, and cinnamon until it's crumbly, and overload it on top and on bottom of prepped apples.

Yes, I can do this.

jfk92

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:40 pm
Hi so my son is allergic to eggs. I was thinking of ideas but haven't tried anything yet. Ive made a vanilla cake that was good and I was thinking about swapping flour for tapioca flour. Idk if it works out well. Basically it would be tapioca flour, pareve or dairy milk, vanilla extract, little oil (neutral) with kosher for pesach baking powder/soda and a drop of vinegar. I made a blueberry jam w it and had that on the side. But id probably put mini chocolate chips in there next time.

Also thinking of banana muffins- apple sauce to bind it and some almond or tapioca flour again. Sorry I realize its not recipes but I didnt try it out yet. Can try to post when I do

Tzippy323

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:39 pm
Many years ago, I had children that were allergic to eggs. Most recipes will come out fine if you substitute 1/4 cup applesauce for each egg.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 8:00 pm
There was a good looking recipe for Russian tea cookies in Ami that called for no eggs.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 8:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
There was a good looking recipe for Russian tea cookies in Ami that called for no eggs.

If you have the recipe, can you pls post? Thanx

MiriFr

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 8:07 pm
I made heaven gebrokst chocolate chip cookie pie! I split the batter and made some for myself with blueberries instead (cocoa bean allergy).

1 C oil
1/2 C applesauce
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
1 C cake meal
1/2 C potato starch
1 tsp baking soda
Chocolate chips

You can make in a big pyrex. I made it in disposable muffin tins. It filled up 2.

325, 25 min (check if ready)

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 8:15 pm
anonymrs wrote:
If you have the recipe, can you pls post? Thanx

Russian Tea Cookies
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup confections sugar
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1 cup ground nuts

Cream oil and sugar. Gradually add almond flour, potato starch and nuts. Refrigerate dough for a couple of hours before rolling.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and bake st 350 for 15 minutes. Once baked, roll hot cookies in confectioners sugar until coated. Let cool and sprinkle with a little more confectioners sugar.

*there was also an option to use 1 cup margarine instead of the 1/2 cup oil, with no need to refrigerate dough before rolling.

anonymrs

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Russian Tea Cookies
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup confections sugar
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1 cup ground nuts

Cream oil and sugar. Gradually add almond flour, potato starch and nuts. Refrigerate dough for a couple of hours before rolling.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and bake st 350 for 15 minutes. Once baked, roll hot cookies in confectioners sugar until coated. Let cool and sprinkle with a little more confectioners sugar.

*there was also an option to use 1 cup margarine instead of the 1/2 cup oil, with no need to refrigerate dough before rolling.

Thank you!!

thanks

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:43 pm
You can substitute chia seeds with water for eggs.

octopus

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:57 pm
MiriFr wrote:
I made heaven gebrokst chocolate chip cookie pie! I split the batter and made some for myself with blueberries instead (cocoa bean allergy).

1 C oil
1/2 C applesauce
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
1 C cake meal
1/2 C potato starch
1 tsp baking soda
Chocolate chips

You can make in a big pyrex. I made it in disposable muffin tins. It filled up 2.

325, 25 min (check if ready)

do I have to use potato starch? can I just use cake meal? If so, how much will I use?

abmom2

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:23 am
We have made cookies with banana and they looked like chametz! My kids loved them! We have egg and nut allergies, as well as dairy...

anonymrs

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:47 am
In a different thread about cake recipes that don't require separating eggs, someone posted a recipe for a cake with shredded carrots. I noticed the recipe doesn't have eggs.

etky

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 4:17 am
You can make a pesadik version of eggless Depression era (Wacky) chocolate cake.
Let me know if you want the recipe.

MiriFr

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 7:07 am
octopus wrote:
do I have to use potato starch? can I just use cake meal? If so, how much will I use?

Never tried without potato starch. Do you have tapioca starch?

anonymrs

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 10:42 am
etky wrote:
You can make a pesadik version of eggless Depression era (Wacky) chocolate cake.
Let me know if you want the recipe.

I would like it, can you please post? Thank you!

etky

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:37 am
[quote="anonymrs"]I would like it, can you please post? Thank you![/quote

Got this idea to sub matzo meal+potato starch for the flour from a recipe group I'm on, but I haven't made it myself. I do the chametz version often though, in fact it's my go-to chocolate cake recipe.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups matzo cake meal
1 c. potato starch
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ cup cocoa
¾ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups cold water

Directions

Sift matzo meal, potato starch, sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa together into a 9 x 13 inch ungreased cake pan. Make three wells. Pour oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla into third well. Pour cold water over all, and stir well with fork.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Frost with your favorite icing*

*For icing you can just sprinkle chocolate chips on top of hot cake and spread them when they melt.
Or you can make a ganache with bittersweet chocolate and parve cream or coconut cream.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics