Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Amazing documentary TV showing Chassidim in a positive light

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 11:39 pm
Has anyone read Ami (main) interview by Rebbe yitzchok Frankfurter with Uri Rosenwaks- an Israeli filmmaker (who created and directed a documentary TV for secular Israelis) -it’s called malchuyot shel mata.?
Link

https://vimeo.com/359974414

It’s a documentary on removing the stigma and or showing the beauty in Orthodox Jews chassidim actually, and primarily Belz chassidim and the belz rebbe.
Curious kitten that I am, I googled it, watched it. It’s so beautiful. Wonder if anyone else watched it.?
I think it’s amazing that secular Israelis are even interested In the what’s and why’s of orthodoxy/chassidim (it’s a fairly new phenomena) and I find the idea of chilonim watching this so inspiring.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 11:43 pm
I wish there were English subtitles.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 11:52 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I wish there were English subtitles.

Oh! Ye that was upsetting. I understood most of it, but I too wish it would’ve had English subtitles. ! Nonetheless, the video is so rich I think its speaks for itself English or not.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 11:59 pm
Are there Hebrew subtitles? I'm fine with Hebrew but my hearing isn't great.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 12:45 am
Never mind, I saw it already! And yes it does have Hebrew subtitles.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 12:47 am
Yes it was great.

DH translated much of it to me

heidi

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:00 am
I loved it, recommended it to several friends. I loved how the women spoke freely, showed their faces, sounded intelligent and not at all "beaten down".

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:05 am
Can you post the link to the second part?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:20 am
https://vimeo.com/337285837

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:37 am
heidi wrote:
I loved it, recommended it to several friends. I loved how the women spoke freely, showed their faces, sounded intelligent and not at all "beaten down".

Yess!

As a young belz lady with a troubled background and searching teenage hood -I must honestly say that (although they are and will always be exceptions to the rule) I’ve always felt lucky, cherished,feminine and very much not beaten down in belz. The TZOHAR program we had as Teenagers literally saved me.
Do I resent anything ? Well honestly I dont dress very belz but just about fit into the more modernish looking belz women (tiny band-dont gets me started on why its a thing -black tights ,etc etc etc)
Ive always felt our rebbe has the finger on the Pulse of the current situation - hence the many professionally trained ppl in our community,and the tzohar program I mentioned (basically a 2 day Baal teshuva style seminar for belz FFB’s starting from age 15 and up( the program is divide for men,bachurim,teenagers and marrieds.
I’m wonderfully happy to be part of belz. And of course am yisrael.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yess!

As a young belz lady with a troubled background and searching teenage hood -I must honestly say that (although they are and will always be exceptions to the rule) I’ve always felt lucky, cherished,feminine and very much not beaten down in belz. The TZOHAR program we had as Teenagers literally saved me.
Do I resent anything ? Well honestly I dont dress very belz but just about fit into the more modernish looking belz women (tiny band-dont gets me started on why its a thing -black tights ,etc etc etc)
Ive always felt our rebbe has the finger on the Pulse of the current situation - hence the many professionally trained ppl in our community,and the tzohar program I mentioned (basically a 2 day Baal teshuva style seminar for belz FFB’s starting from age 15 and up( the program is divide for men,bachurim,teenagers and marrieds.
I’m wonderfully happy to be part of belz. And of course am yisrael.

BTW.....
I don’t wanna be coming across as puffin with belz pride (LOL!) but wanted to give my honest take as a “belzer”

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:48 am
It's a (self-serving) misconception amongst Israeli charedim that chilonim hate them. Definitely there's some real nastiness, but these are the fringe of chiloni Israeli society, in the same way that fanatics in Meah Shearim are the fringe of charedi Israeli society. Most people are fairly respectful, and many are simply ignorant of a society that rejects them. Many don't feel it's fair that charedim get a free pass on army service, which seems reasonable enough. But they're not walking around saying bad things about charedim all day.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:58 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
It's a (self-serving) misconception amongst Israeli charedim that chilonim hate them. Definitely there's some real nastiness, but these are the fringe of chiloni Israeli society, in the same way that fanatics in Meah Shearim are the fringe of charedi Israeli society. Most people are fairly respectful, and many are simply ignorant of a society that rejects them. Many don't feel it's fair that charedim get a free pass on army service, which seems reasonable enough. But they're not walking around saying bad things about charedim all day.

Yes,and were so lucky ! The situation used to be much worse
. Now its pretty ok, they might be baffled- but there isn’t that level of animosity anymore. I guess somethings changed...
and like you, I Honestly, I get their point of view in regard to army free pass Not that I ch”v agree with it -I definitely dont-but from their perspective its a no-brainer and a sore point.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 2:23 am
There is a large Belz kehilla in my neighborhood. Belzers are very normals d down to earth. As I understand they accept more BTs than other chassidish groups.
(Ive personally enjoyed their porch minyan across the street!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics