Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Staying calm with the mess from kids being home

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 9:31 pm
Minor issue compared to other tzaaros in the world, but I am stressing from the mess, damage and clutter that I have to deal with. Can we share chizzuk and practical tips on how to not stress over the mess?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 10:19 pm

Ravenclaw

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 11:42 pm
I have the same issue.
I just keep davening that I should be able to stay calm.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 11:44 pm
My husband is really pitching in and a few times a day he stops everything and gets all the kids to help clean up

SimchaSays

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:14 am
It's tough! I have been trying to stay on top of small bits at a time. After meals, take a couple minutes while they play/do school work etc to wipe down table and do dishes. Too many toys out, we stop and do a clean up game. I find games to put away laundry, clean up,etc. works better and keeps them listening and me calmer.
Have quiet/calm time (reading, puzzles, colorin...) And use that time to tidy up.
Depending on kids ages, have them help. Have a family meeting to see who wants what job or how everyone wants to handle things. Charts, job rotations, chores to check off if you did it...

And let go where you need to. Remind yourself this is NOT the norm, and your doing your best.

If all else fails, pull out some ice cream and eat the whole container.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:16 am
I have cleanup built into our schedule. Coincidentally (not) it happens to be right before every snack time and meal time. So they are motivated to get things clean. Also, with my kids it's most effective if I assign specific jobs to each child. They get overwhelmed otherwise.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:18 am
To be honest upfront my house is a mess
We are 8 ppl in tight quarters. And I’m trying to still work full time.

My kids have a schedule. It include
- make bed
- clean room - 7 minutes
- household chore (a room) - 10 minutes
- pesach chore - 15-30 min

It is making a huge difference.
And I just overlook everything else.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 2:57 pm
Hi just bumping this up again. It's not that my kids are making a mess on purpose it's just that by virtue of them all being home the kitchen gets messier, things spill, floor gets black. In general I get nervous about this and now I'm getting even more anxious. Any tips or perspective, can anyone relate

imasinger

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 2:58 pm
Chocolate.

It makes the mess disappear before my eyes.

Others use wine.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 3:04 pm
Lol. I'm trying to save my money in keeping with the post where is all the money ☺

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 11:29 pm
Bumping again after 3 day Yom tov mess😦how do you not let every spill, nick on wall, carpet stain not get to you??I wish I could just be calm but with little kids around I feel like my house is taking a beating. Can anyone relate, any way to refrain my anxiety?

elisheva25

Post Sat, Apr 11 2020, 11:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bumping again after 3 day Yom tov mess😦how do you not let every spill, nick on wall, carpet stain not get to you??I wish I could just be calm but with little kids around I feel like my house is taking a beating. Can anyone relate, any way to refrain my anxiety?

It’s hard I feel similar.
But what can you do ?
Tons of cleaning help

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 1:16 am
elisheva25 wrote:
It’s hard I feel similar.
But what can you do ?
Tons of cleaning help

Who has cleaning help these days? I am the cleaning help and tbh it’s exhausting.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 12:29 am
My full time Housekeeper got the virus so I’ve been the cleaner for three weeks already. I’m the type of person who really needs things neat and clean and that’s why I have full time help. To be totally honest this has been my biggest stress this past month with kids home. (I know Chasdei HaShem we are healthy and that this should be the biggest stress in my life ) I have been working on myself to really let it go and at night before I go to sleep I clean like a maniac so at least the house is clean at night. (Pathetic I know) HaShem should just bring moshiach soon because I know a bunch of people are just gonna go out of their minds. (Myself included) hugs to all

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 2:46 am
I woke up in a very bad mood today, I wish I knew why. I lost it on my husband, found many faults on him, why he had to do x instead of y and I didnt like his schedule. I gave it all out to him . My almost 11 year old son witnessed everything what went on between me and my husband arguing back and fourth, he couldn't take it . He almost started to cry . He is my son that gets very sensitive all the time when ne and my husband argue even for the smallest thing this son gets very down and upset. We do have bh good shulem bayis and like each others but we can argue a lot . I came to realize today that its really something I need to work on . It really isnt fair for this child . He is taking our arguments terribly personal. I really feel bad for him . But sometimes I do have those moody days . Its something im weak at but I feel its really unfair to this child . I decided really to work hard to keep myself from acting out.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 5:14 am
Salmon, you see for yourself, fighting in front of your kids are terrible. Be careful.
It bothers me to hear this cause I'm working so hard not to do this...
Try to keep your words to yourself, why hurt your innocent husband because you're in a bad mood... you too have lots of faults...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics