Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best Lipstick Colors:brown hair/eyes and light/med skin

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:00 pm
Any suggestions for me? Doesn't seem like I'm getting to a makeup counter anytime soon...
I've had a few fails with the last few lipsticks I've purchased.
What are good companies for lipliner and lipstick that are pretty and will last?
Drugstore companies have not really worked for me...

Thanks in advance guys!!

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:04 pm
It really depends on the person but for me with that combination (dark brown hair, medium brown eyes, light skin) it's berry / pomegranate / brick / plum color lipsticks.

anonymrs

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:22 pm
It really depends how you do your makeup. I'm that coloring and Like to do a more intense eye look and keep the lip color more nude.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:25 pm
This is a nice color https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004.....ZMY7B

gande

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 2:01 pm
I like to wear a berry type of color reddish/pink. I recently started using Rimmel brand I like it better that revlon and maybeline. I got wish upon a berry color which is a nice pink for the spring.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 4:22 pm
It will depend more on your skin tone, whether it has more pinkish/bluish content or more yellowish/greenish content, than how light or dark it is. Conventional advice is to match your skin tone to your lipstick, so if you have pinkish skin use bluish-pink to plum and stay away from orangey-brown. For myself that doesn't work. My skin is a very very pale yellowish-beige, like a suntan that just about faded, or maybe a bruise that's nearly gone. Anything remotely yellow or orangey makes me look like I need either an airsickness bag or a liver transplant G-d forbid. I stick to the bluish-pink part of the color wheel and look for names like mauve, plum, wine, and raspberry (what's with the food names?), never salmon, coral, tangerine, or chocolate (again with the food names! I'm waiting for a lipstick color called "matzah brei" or "fruit compote").

BTW Rite Aid will refund your money if you buy makeup there and dislike it. Yes, even if you opened it.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 4:49 pm
I have similar coloring to you. I have a dirty blondish browm hair color. I used to wear more pinky. Recently the style has changed to more nude and natural on the lips and cheeks and more intense eyes. Look at the makeup artist Instagrams. I bought for yt maybelline matte ink and it lasted entire yr. The color gets more intense over 3 day yt which I didn't like. I bought the second to lightest shade which was very pretty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics