Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Paying Cleaning Help/Babysitters during this time
Previous  1  2  3

zaftigmom

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 6:13 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I also charge them less then a regular daycare because of the no taxes... that’s part of it. If babysitters paid taxes they would charge more per hour then they do.

I'm sorry but when I babysat from home I charged the going rate and reported every penny.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 6:43 pm
I actually don’t try to get any programs... the only reason I don’t report is because then my babysitting group has potential to be busted (as others I know have been) because where is the income coming from...
wtvr it’s my loss.. if I want to get added benefits I need to work on the books which I almost always do.

ttbtbm

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 6:58 pm
I first told my cleaning help not to come because some family meme bees were infected and we were all quarantined. I paid her for those weeks. Once we were allowed out as per our doctor, she told me she doesn't want to work so I stopped paying her. While it was coming from me I felt like the right thing was to pay her but once she made the decision not to work I didn’t feel like I had to pay her anymore.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 7:06 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
But you
Should be paying taxes what you are doing is illegal. You also probably make a ton of money on programs bec you aren’t legal so you are still getting that.

While I clearly am on your side of the fence. I find it ironic that you’re quick to call her out and condemn her, but not the women who’s help can’t get unemployment for the same reason.

Amarante

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 7:35 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
You do realize that driving her to work and home is not protection for you family if she is taking public transportation other times?

This is why I don’t feel comfortable having my cleaning lady because essentially I have contact with everyone she has had contact with. My friend had suggested I have her uber over but what would be the point of that since she is shopping. The only way to have help is if they live with you and are as quarantined as you are.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:39 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
You do realize that driving her to work and home is not protection for you family if she is taking public transportation other times?

She doesn't take public transportation except to go to work. Her husband drives. Also I'm self-isolating, not quarantining. I still go to the store etc. so I could be exposed at the grocery store or through my babysitter. I don't really have a choice. I have to go to work being an essential worker and my husbands work involves a lot of zoom meetings and he can't take care of a toddler and a cranky 6 month old while he works. None of us are high risk and even though people keep saying the virus doesn't discriminate etc. the truth is you have a much much higher chance of getting really sick if you have an underlying condition or are older, neither of which applies to us. Having her come is a calculated risk, but we really have no choice.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:14 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I also charge them less then a regular daycare because of the no taxes... that’s part of it. If babysitters paid taxes they would charge more per hour then they do.

I don’t know where you live - in Lakewood my babysitters had me notarize letters that I paid them. They declared the income on taxes. But only declared babysitting the maximum allowed by law (you are allowed to babysit in your home). This way they paid taxes, got benefits and I could report my childcare for my taxes. It was a win situation for everyone.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:37 am
Good to know. I just know of people that had to close their babysitting groups. I will definitely look into it for the future though.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics