Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Need mp3 advice! Sansa SportGo doesnt have features I need!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:43 pm
My old sandisk is not holding a charge well, and the other day the buttons weren't working at all so I quickly ordered one of the cheap models on Amazon.

Turns out the features I MUST have - bookmarks (go to the place in the shiur where you paused) and higher speed - are not available on this product. The box is rpped, dunno if it's worth returning.

OTOH it does say holds an 18 hr charge... still if I have to waste so much time finding my place....
Oh, and another thing. Let's say I wanted to make note of where I'm up to (because of this annoying lack of bookmark) - it doesn't even show you the minute you're up to, just a progress bar where you can get only the most vague estimate...

Well, if a/o in Lakewood needs such a product I'm glad to sell it for a bit less than I paid...$40 if none of my relative want it.... (this is not an ad, it's a rant!!!!)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:28 am
Has anyone bought a Sandisk recently? How can I make sure to get the features I need if I buy another one? Any ideas for me? Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:30 pm
I even tried writing to the manufacturer, and to a bunch of people selling them on ebay. The latter just said, no idea, says nothing on package.

Seems like it's made by Western Digital so I wrote to them but they say SportGo isn't theirs. That wasn't the point.

So, has anyone bought an mp3 player recently? (I guess mp4 is also good)
I need to be able to listen at faster than normal speed, and also to bookmark a recording automatically so if you go back the next day it asks if you want to resume from where you left off.

I am sure there's something out there. Though I hate learning to use new technology, and I really wish I could just get another Sansa.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 6:11 am
Do you have a smartphone? There are apps that might meet your needs if so.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 8:56 am
Nope, no smart phone. Well, I finally just googled mp3 variable speed bookmark and sure enough there were a couple on Amazon, even cheaper than a Sansa. Will I like it? Will I be able to learn to use it? Only time will tell : )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics