Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Robot floor cleaner

iamawesome

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:57 am
With no cleaning help and kids home all day I’m seriously looking for a roomba type of thing or any robotic floor sweeper cleaner. I have hardwood and carpet. Any recommendations? With links if possible? Thanks so much!

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 1:44 am
I got this one.
Works on hardwood and carpet, includes a mopping function (I don’t use that much though).
Can be operated with your phone. Receives firmware updates.
1 year guarantee - my device stopped working as well near the end of the year and they sent me a new one.

Roborock S511 Xiaomi Robot Vacuum and Mop, Smart Navigating Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with 2000Pa Strong Suction &Wi-Fi connectivity for Pet Hair, Carpet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D.....qXY9K

saw50st8

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 9:21 am
We have an Ecovacs 920. I love that thing.

Keep in mind, any robot vacuum you get needs to have some prep work. You can't leave small things and wires strewn about the floor and expect it not to get stuck. So you need to pick things off the floor. You can set the vacuum to avoid certain areas if there are a lot of cables and whatnot.

This has a mopping function too but it is more like a wipe down with a wet cloth. The newer version coming out has a vibrating mopping pad but it is significantly more (and not available yet in the US).

I seriously love this thing.

self-actualization

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:06 am
I had a top of the line Roomba and I hated it. Would get stuck at coffee table or on stairs to basement, would start at random times on Shabbos or Yom Tov and we couldn’t turn it off, would say “please charge roomba” in the middle of the night and wake us up, and many other problems. I just threw it out on Erev Pesach this year. I don’t understand why you can’t sweep for 10 min and mop every few days.

aliavi

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 1:29 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
We have an Ecovacs 920. I love that thing.

Keep in mind, any robot vacuum you get needs to have some prep work. You can't leave small things and wires strewn about the floor and expect it not to get stuck. So you need to pick things off the floor. You can set the vacuum to avoid certain areas if there are a lot of cables and whatnot.

This has a mopping function too but it is more like a wipe down with a wet cloth. The newer version coming out has a vibrating mopping pad but it is significantly more (and not available yet in the US).

I seriously love this thing.

What is the model of the new one and where is it available?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars