Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Not turning back til after shabbos
Previous  1  2  3

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 10:15 am
Shlissel challah is a big deal. otherwise I wouldnt care.

cek

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 10:28 am
I am also not turnig back for Shabbos. Having a full Pesach Shabbos. Falshe Fish that we all Love. Potato Chulent Yummy. But I still want to have a Shlissel Matzoh. Any idea how to make a Shlissel with Potato Starch and add it on to the Matzoh?

Hillery

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 10:43 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I never heard of this. I know afew people that cooked extra for shabbos. I was anyways cooking for yom tov. It's definitely not forbidden, maybe your minhag is not to to this.

Cooking for after yomtev (either for Shabbos or for weekday) is 100% ossur. But you can cook to have plenty for yomtev, and if you have leftovers that's fine.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 10:50 am
We turned back because everyone’s back to work on Sunday so today was our only day to do it. But it’s 11am and we’re 90% done (baby’s nap time interrupted me, but it’ll probably be done by the time I get back into it. )

sunflower_seed

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 10:50 am
Hillery wrote:
Cooking for after yomtev (either for Shabbos or for weekday) is 100% ossur. But you can cook to have plenty for yomtev, and if you have leftovers that's fine.

I also cooked extra on chol hamoed.
Did not think about it before.
Asked my Rov, he said bedieved fine.
So I understand from it that one should not do so lechatchila.

simkele

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 10:55 am
Most of our shabbos food year round is pesachdik anyway, so I cooked last night/this morning on pesach dishes plus some leftovers, and we'll eat on disposables with challah. Then finish turning back sunday.

BetsyTacy

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 11:05 am
The best laid plans of mice and men....turned back over, was at the store right after senior hours.... and no yeast. They have been out of yeast for a few days apparently.

Well, I will try for Challah next week.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 11:32 am
My kids were eating pizza in the dining room before the pesach stuff were even put away in the kitchen. No way I could get away with a shabbos without chametz!

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 11:36 am
Hillery wrote:

It is not 100% assur to cook a little more when you're anyways cooking for yom tov. Maybe according to your Rav it's 100% assur, but not according to mine.

sky

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 11:41 am
It is not 100% assur to cook a little more when you're anyways cooking for yom tov. Maybe according to your Rav it's 100% assur, but not according to mine.

Right - you don’t have to calculate exactly what to make. You can make a dish with tons of extras in case kids are hungry or surprise guests.

But can’t shop and cook specifically for after. It’s really intention based.

cbsp

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 11:46 am

Depends on the food. According to halacha meat is a type of food that tastes better when there's more of it so one may cook more meat than specifically needed so it can taste better (and enhance Yom Tov in that manner). It's also permissible to cook more in case a guest stops by.

But here the poster said she specifically cooked for Shabbos, not that she cooked a little more and now has it for Shabbos. Intent definitely matters...

The melachos one is allowed to do on chol hamoed is tied to the needs for Yom Tov, it's not a blanket heter to do what one wants for post Yom Tov.

Last edited by cbsp on Fri, Apr 17 2020, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

cbsp

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 11:47 am
sky wrote:
Right - you don’t have to calculate exactly what to make. You can make a dish with tons of extras in case kids are hungry or surprise guests.

I see we cross posted Very Happy

Hillery

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:39 pm
sky wrote:

That is literally what I wrote.

cbsp

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:53 pm
Hillery wrote:
That is literally what I wrote.

Yup.

You're not the imamother that posted she cooked on chol hamoed for Shabbos.

miami85

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 2:45 pm
we just cooked everything in foil pans, easy to transfer back to chometz
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics