Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Feel like they keep moving the goal posts
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 6:55 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

4. Please provide a link with information that proves that these rules are saving lives.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/......page

Look at the trends.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 6:59 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

Look at the trends.

I’m not saying that it’s not working. What I am saying is that there won’t be definitive proof that it’s working until it’s over. You can’t prove that this wouldn’t have happened without less severe social distancing measures. New Jersey has been locked down for the same amount of time as NY and their schools closed even early and yet their cases still seem to be climbing.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
It's unnecessary to vaccinate for smallpox, being as the disease doesn't exist anymore. That is the ultimate goal with every vaccine. If they are effective and sufficiently universally adopted, they accomplish their goal and become no longer needed.

Whatever. Not the point. Point is that vaccine question is much bigger than just CDC or any individual government agency or country. It's the entire global medical establishment for many decades. The specific issues that came to light with federal government pandemic response are not necessarily related in any way to vaccine question.

It demonstrates and brings to the public light how they operate. Recommendations for vaccines are not necessarily based on proven facts, as we think they are, similar to recommendations for masks, etc.

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Apr 18 2020, 12:27 pm
I find it ironic that people in NY where ר״ל there have been hundreds of deaths in the Jewish community alone, where hospitals were overwhelmed and unable to take care of patients needs are upset at the restriction still holding.
I live in Australia.
Bh Bh, the government here shut down most of the country shortly after NY- but BEFORE there were hundreds of deaths. BH after around 4 weeks of social distancing etc., we are still low and the numbers of new Cases are dropping. Yet, we are officially shut down for at least 3 more weeks.
And our kids are learning remotely.
People are listening because they realize if you open too much too quickly, you risk resurgence.
The govt here set 3 goals to be able to open up more. Increase and improve testing and , contact tracing capabilities and the numbers stay low at the same time.

Also as yidden we shouldn’t just be accepting ‘there will be deaths’, we should be actively working to prevent them because every life is precious. Possibly this is why Israel shut down so early and so strongly even as it messes up their economy.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics