Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
First timers do you think you'll make pesach again nex year?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:47 am
mdogzz wrote:
I have been married under 2 months and I don't think I'll be making pesach for a while. It wasn't awful and we didnt starve but it wasnt really so enjoyable, we both missed our families and the loud ruckus of a crowded house. It was just really sad because we where looking forward to going "home" especially since we haven't seen our families since our wedding.

Very impressive! Mazel Tov!
You’ve got a lot of mommas very proud of you

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:15 am
I've been married just over a year. We did it with a 3 day old baby. I'd definitely switch over and do some parts at home. But we are walking distance from my parents so I would go there for the seder

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:20 am
giselle wrote:
It was great, but there’s nothing like a Seder with lots of family.

But you can HOST a Seder with lots of family :-) We host my parents and lots of guests every year.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 2:08 am
Absolutely! We'll probably try hosting next year, we had so much fun but really missed the rest of the family.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 2:16 am
My MIL has already said that she's not giving up making Pesach yet and she fully expects us to come back to her next year. I'm not sure what my parents will end up doing but my guess is that they'll start taking turns coming to all their children.

Now I know we can do it. I'm not as well equipped as I would like to be if I'm going to be making Pesach every year but we did a pretty good job on short notice this year and with more advanced planning we can do even better in the future. Also, now that I have Pesach supplies I can try to cook/bake a bit even if we're going away. I always used to feel terrible showing up empty-handed when every other time we visit for Shabbos or Y"T we bring lots of food along with us to help out.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 2:20 am
I've been married about two months and made pesach.
BH I've helped my mother cook before so I wasnt nervous for that. But emotionally it was kind of hard to be stuck in our apartment all day everyday except for the occasional walk at night.

One set of our parents dont live here and one set of our parents is not frum so we wouldnt have had a "yom tov" experience if we went home anyway.

Our plan was to stay home originally so it wasnt a huge hit to us when we couldnt visit family.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 4:58 am
Yes! It was much easier than I thought, I got to host our own seder and tailor it to our kids versus listen to long, boring, looooong shiurim from my father and all the brothers in law. We sang and laughed and woke up late every day but didn’t miss shul because shul started when we wanted!

There was no pressure to do something “fun” yet utterly exhausting for parents on chol hamoed and break the bank. We tried new recipe experiments and we were really simple.

And we didn’t get into our usual family arguments! It was wonderful. Also, my husband has a huge demanding job so he was grateful not to be far away.

Obviously part of feeling so great is that everyone was doing it too. If everyone else had family to go to and we were alone, that’s different. But I really feel like this Pesach was a bracha.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 5:28 am
DH and I became religious later in life and it was my first time doing a fully "Lubavitch Pesach" with all the bells and whistles and hiddurim.......

I lost a lot of weight Sad

RE doing it again, well we have no choice! Next time I'll get a cookbook in advance and try to buy tons of eggs in advance

Moonlight

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 5:31 am
It was our first. We really enjoyed! Was easier than I thought it would be and less stressful than pesach at the parents usually is! Would definitely make again but not necessarily next year because my parents were so lonely. Would try to host but they dont like traveling

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 7:42 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
DH and I became religious later in life and it was my first time doing a fully "Lubavitch Pesach" with all the bells and whistles and hiddurim.......

I lost a lot of weight Sad

RE doing it again, well we have no choice! Next time I'll get a cookbook in advance and try to buy tons of eggs in advance

We do a lubavitch Pesach and there's tons of yummy food! Get the spice and spirit Pesach book, it has so many recipes you can use. You shouldn't be losing weight, you just need to get the hang of it. Hatzlacha!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 8:52 am
mom24.7 wrote:
Keep in mind that next year hopefully you will have cleaning help
This is soooo very cultural.
Mom24.7, you realize that many out there never have cleaning help? This was such a weird thing for me to read.
As I read "kerp in mind that next year", I was sure that what was going to follow was "it wont be your first pesach so youll have a better idea of things".

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 9:09 am
Yes we really would love to! And it will be so much easier now that we have almost everything we need and the countertop covers are cut to size...
It was the best yt ever, so relaxing and stress free. And I loved spending 2 weeks locked up with my husband and baby and no work!

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 9:43 am
I don't know if I count as a first timer, because we've always been home for chol hamoed/second days so we always had to clean and kasher, but we always went to parents for sedarim. Ok, so the sedarim with just us and the kids were alright, but it wasn't the same as the huge bustling family sedarim we're used to. And we hope never to have a just us seder again. We want to go back to out regular big noisy extended family sedarim.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Apr 18 2020, 11:27 pm
Lots of work went into making pesach definitely so worth every ounce of effort and work we put into making pesach from cleaning to cooking and being home with a bunch of little babies. It was the best pesach in my life! I loved it so much! My kids were so disappointed there wasnt a 3rd seder and we were all so sad that pesach was over! It was the best yom Tov ever! It was really beautiful and special
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics