Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Oak And Vine, Blue River, Chestnut, Lakewood, NJ
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 6:33 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
again I dont know what youre talking about. I have only walked where pedestrians clearly walk. not on the roads at all!!!

From evergreen plaza to pizza on wheels, there is no way to do it without ending up on a very narrow shoulder on a very busy road. Drivers don't see you nearly as well as you think they do especially when having to pay attention to the road and cars left turning and other cars turning into plazas ahead of them. During busy times of day even less so. When you do it with a stroller it's frightening, and ever scarier when I see a mother with a stroller and one or a few little ones hanging on the sides. The narrow little shoulder is not meant for this and it is extremely unsafe.

One more thing to keep in mind. If you are living in a suburban area and don't drive please think six times before you get a doona car seat stroller. They are so low to the ground anyone who drives even a hybrid car can barely see your baby.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 6:36 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
From evergreen plaza to pizza on wheels, there is no way to do it without ending up on a very narrow shoulder on a very busy road. Drivers don't see you nearly as well as you think they do especially when having to pay attention to the road and cars left turning and other cars turning into plazas ahead of them. During busy times of day even less so. When you do it with a stroller it's frightening, and ever scarier when I see a mother with a stroller and one or a few little ones hanging on the sides. The narrow little shoulder is not meant for this and it is extremely unsafe.

One more thing to keep in mind. If you are living in a suburban area and don't drive please think six times before you get a doona car seat stroller. They are so low to the ground anyone who drives even a hybrid car can barely see your baby.

Non drivers just don’t seem to understand how scary it is for us (and how dangerous it is for them) when they do this.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 10:31 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Non drivers just don’t seem to understand how scary it is for us (and how dangerous it is for them) when they do this.

100%. Until I didn't start driving myself (a few years ago) it was impossible for me to really grasp what the driver can and can't see. It's a whole different ball game when you get behind the wheel.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 10:42 pm
Chestnut you’ll feel out of place
Take my word
I mean your benefit

lucite

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 10:56 pm
I moved here almost 3 yrs ago, totally love it! There is just no words for the quality of life here, I dont drive, yet I get around wherever I need to get to , oak and vine is an amazing option if you are coming from bp,
Chestnut is a nice idea that you get your private house and yard, BUT the houses are older, crowd not yet really chassidish, when you move out I feel it’s important to go into a development, everyone will be in the same boat as you, everyone is out to help each other,
Its not so easy to be a pioneer and come to Lakewood, to go to a place thats not geared to chassidish will be super super hard,

Ill just repeat what everyone else keeps saying FIRST GET ACCEPTED TO SCHOOLS/CHEIDER ( yes even satmar) BEFORE LOOKING AT HOUSES

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:37 am
Thank you RED amother for your time!! and all others too!
your replies helped me a lot! I needed to hear from people who live there what it's like, how shopping is different from Boro Park and more.
those of you who replied saying you live in Oak and Vine, all seem to be happy ! ! So what am I waiting for? Laugh

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:44 am
lucite wrote:
I moved here almost 3 yrs ago, totally love it! There is just no words for the quality of life here, I dont drive, yet I get around wherever I need to get to , oak and vine is an amazing option if you are coming from bp,
Chestnut is a nice idea that you get your private house and yard, BUT the houses are older, crowd not yet really chassidish, when you move out I feel it’s important to go into a development, everyone will be in the same boat as you, everyone is out to help each other,
Its not so easy to be a pioneer and come to Lakewood, to go to a place thats not geared to chassidish will be super super hard,

Ill just repeat what everyone else keeps saying FIRST GET ACCEPTED TO SCHOOLS/CHEIDER ( yes even satmar) BEFORE LOOKING AT HOUSES

good points!

I got accepted to Satmar.
I heard Bnos Bina and Klausenburg are great options too. Should I even apply and see what happens? Chatterbox

lucite

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
good points!

I heard Bnos Bina and Klausenburg are great options too. Should I even apply and see what happens? Chatterbox

You can always try your luck, dont be upset if they dont accept you, Its not personal, they are very limited with room

lucite

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:58 pm
lucite wrote:
You can always try your luck, dont be upset if they dont accept you, Its not personal, they are very limited with room

Not to take away that satmar is not good, its doing great bh, whoever I know that sends there is very happy,

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:13 pm
I live in oak and vine now and I will be the honest one.
The houses are built out of the cheapest materials possible.
And the houses are all on top of each other, there are no backyards, no personal space.
well actually only the corner houses have backyards.
The walking is very hard.
I actually do drive but there were 2 days that I didnt have a car and just walking child to playgroup is a 15 min. Walk each way ..
That day was endless walking..
I came home drained and exhausted..

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:19 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
And the houses are all on top of each other, there are no backyards, no personal space.
I actually do drive but there were 2 days that I didnt have a car and just walking child to playgroup is a 15 min. Walk each way ..

Ah but that's only because you drive too LOL . Those that never drive don't know any better....

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

are you insinuating that the rest of us are not being honest ? you are the voice of ONE person entitled to your opinion and personal experience. you chose a playgroup out of the area. and that was your personal choice. there are a dime a dozen competent daycare, babysitters and playgroups in oak and vine. Me personally I LOVE walking and find it super exciting to discover new areas that are accesible by being able to walk there. your observation regarding no backyards unless you own a corner property is false. I dont own a corner property and am getting a fence put up (as did many of my neighbors) around my 50 feet by 100 feet lot. I will BEZH be putting a trampoline and swingset. I also have a nice size back porch with table chairs and two egg shaped swings (model 1)
and regarding your observation on cheap building. all housing in lakewood, irrespective of development/neighborhood are built sinilarly with the same quality products. granted within oak and vine there are at this point between 4/5 builders and each one has ther upsides and downsides. depends which block your buying your house on. I can talk for myself in that I Bli ayin horah had minimal agmas nefesh. BTW are you a homeowner?

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
good points!

Doesnt hurt to apply. satmar is doing fantastic. klausenberg is an excellent choice too. whatever your decisions, should be with mazel and brocha. hatzlacha rabah!

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:41 pm
I live in Rockwell. I’m really happy here. I like the idea of a development, we all accepted each other and became like family. I don’t drive (duh) and have walking access to more stores here than I did in Williamsburg. To get to the other side of town, there’s the shuttle for $1. I don’t have the huge back and front yard but I love my house, I love the idea that my kids can play outside, my quality of life has improved tremendously.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating