Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Where can I buy...

momof2+?

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 9:36 pm
Soil for planting vegetables? I have never planted veggies before, but know my kids (and kind of I) find it facinating. I watched a bunch of youtube videos on planting seeds and would love to try it out. So...for those of you with experience:
1. I don't have a backyard, but do have a porch. I imagine starting a mango/avocado seed in water in the house and then transfer it to a pot?
2. I don't know which soil to buy. I heard that it should say "for growing vegetables" , and not just gardening soil. I can't seem to find online though. I tried looking on amazon and walmart.com.

I do realize that being that I don't have backyard space this experiment is likely to fail and I won't end up with delicious crispy fresh cucumbers and tomatoes like I see online. But the initial growing phase will be fun for the kids...

Also, I live in Lakewood. Is it late enough in the year to start this project? Or is there a way to keep this indoors?

Any help or tips to get us started are appreciated! Thanks!

singleagain

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 9:40 pm
I would check home Depot or Lowe's. They will also know which soil is good for the type of plants you want
Or any other gardening store

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:43 pm
You can buy little herb plants for 2 or 3 dollars and repot them in window boxes. Those are fun and easy for kids. It's not so easy to grow plans from seeds, by the way.

I sprout a lot at home inside - you can sprout chick peas, sunflower seeds, chia and many other things you might already have at home.

We get our dirt from a nearby nursery but they have it on Amazon too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics