Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Wallpaper, yay or nay?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 7:45 pm
Thinking of doing it in certain parts of my house. Can’t decide if it’ll enhance or give the home a cheaper look? Any downsides? What do you lady designers think?

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 7:56 pm
I love mine. Definitely not a cheaper look!

Cookiegirl

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:01 pm
Whole house is wallpapered after living with paint for a number of years. Much happier with the wallpaper...Go for it!

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:06 pm
I've heard of people doing one wall in wallpaper as a feature

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:11 pm
I personally dislike wallpaper ... but as with everything else in fashion it comes & goes

remember marbleized painting or sponge painting ... now the clean crisp look is in

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:29 pm
I have in my kitchen. It gives so much personality.
But cleaning rips it and damaged it.
Kids pick it.
Not sure if I’d do it again. (Not that I did it - it came with the house)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 10:02 pm
I really want to take off accent wallpaper I have on one wall. It's annoying me so much. Was put in by previous owner.
I'm a very DIY person and scheming how I can take it off myself but it seems so difficult. I wish the old owners would've just painted instead! Then I'd just be able to paint on top of it.
So yes, new updated wallpaper looks really cool. But once it gets old it's ugly and not easy to redo.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 10:16 pm
Like anything, it depends on the wallpaper and the rest of your home decor.

Some wallpapers look frumpy and like a Bubbe house whereas some wallpapers look elegant or fresh or exciting. This is especially dated when there is heavy draperies/window treatments along with coordinated bed linens. And those 1980's matching valences LOL

I recently redecorated and my bathrooms (above the tile) are papered in a Chinoiserie paper and I have one accent wall in the master bedroom that coordinates with the master bathroom. I had fallen in love with DeGournay paper and chocked when the estimate came in but found a company in China that did my design on silk for a fraction of the De Gournay price and I love the end result. Very Happy

Rappel

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 11:46 pm
I love wallpaper, but with little children? Nayyyyy

Amarante

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I really want to take off accent wallpaper I have on one wall. It's annoying me so much. Was put in by previous owner.
I'm a very DIY person and scheming how I can take it off myself but it seems so difficult. I wish the old owners would've just painted instead! Then I'd just be able to paint on top of it.
So yes, new updated wallpaper looks really cool. But once it gets old it's ugly and not easy to redo.

Rent a steam machine. My parents were DIY and I remember watching them steam off the old wallpaper. It’s a bit messy but not really difficult or requiring great skill.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics