Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is everyone going on birth control?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Apr 18 2020, 11:10 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I found out that I’m expecting before Corona.
But I have to say I love being pregnant especially now because we are sitting around a lot and I feel like I’m doing something even when I’m sitting at home and “wasting time”.
Really nobody is wasting any time, All Jews are being productive just by being alive as it’s a mitzva for a Jew to live.
But still makes me feel more ‘productive’.

Same.

Best part of being pregnant ..doing nothing and doing something

Off topic I am also soooo grateful every day for my adorable baby who just started crawling. It's challenging working at home with her all day. Being stuck at home without her would be many times harder.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 12:02 am
CHAS VSHALOM!
If Hashem will feel I can handle now another one he’ll send me wtvr it needs
Koach ,gezunt ,$.......
R we in control???????????

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 12:05 am
Lol DH asked the Rov if we had to stop having relations because of the halacho of not having relations in times of famine, bad times etc. Rov said business as usual!

I'm getting my IUD removed tomorrow. Corona or no corona, I want more kids. Even if everyone's at home and it's not easy, it won't last forever.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:55 am
another vote to try for a pregnancy now. with each child, is born the parnassah the child needs. so if you want more money, have another baby

maof1

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 11:33 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Im pregnant too and I didnt hear from anywhere that we're on a higher risk .

Just like pregnant women at are higher risk with the flu, we are at higher risk with the corona virus. Only difference is that we get a vaccine for the flu and nothing out yet for COVID 19.

maof1

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 11:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Seriously, I told my husband with no school and financials loss of work I don't see how it makes sense to choose to get pregnant now . What do you think?

I feel like you are getting bashed for thinking practically. It's okay to have this anxiety and it definitely something you should look at with a broader mindset now. It is true that Hashem provides for each child enough Koach, parnassah etc. but he also made BC for a reason and there is a reason why rabbanim give heteirim for it as well. You need to evaluate your mental health, your support system, your financials etc. It is a decision you need to make with your partner and something you should discuss with your Rav. There is no reason you should feel guilty about being nervous to get pregnant now.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 11:43 am
maof1 wrote:
I feel like you are getting bashed for thinking practically. It's okay to have this anxiety and it definitely something you should look at with a broader mindset now. It is true that Hashem provides for each child enough Koach, parnassah etc. but he also made BC for a reason and there is a reason why rabbanim give heteirim for it as well. You need to evaluate your mental health, your support system, your financials etc. It is a decision you need to make with your partner and something you should discuss with your Rav. There is no reason you should feel guilty about being nervous to get pregnant now.

Thank you for saying what needed to be said. I also felt very guilty and anxious reading this thread. But I know that even though I would love to be trying now, I need to do what's best for my physical, mental and emotional health the wellbeing of my other children. Yes, every person needs to ask their own Rabbinical authority and come to a conclusion that is best for them and their circumstances.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 11:47 am
I just got a positive EPT! Went to mikva week before pesach with all corona precautions.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 11:49 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I just got a positive EPT! Went to mikva week before pesach with all corona precautions.

Mazal Tov!
May you have a healthy and easy pregnancy and an easy and smooth labor and delivery! May you have a beautiful, healthy and happy baby beshaah tova!

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 12:05 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

Mazel Tov Bshaa Tova!!

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 12:27 pm
Why I wouldn't be here if my grandmother didn't give birth in 1941. Btw my father is an asset to our world. Strong and resilient with such emuna peshute plus he is constantly learning even while working he would when possible listen to Toire shiurim... I wish could thank her for taking the 'risk' and got pregnant when times were way more scarier than now...

ROFL

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 12:52 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Well, too late for me! Going through all of the above at 6 weeks pregnant. Do you think Corona for a girl, Cory for a boy?

I would use Atara for a girl🥰

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 12:55 pm
Ooh +1 for Atara!! I'm pregnant too and atara happens to sound gorgeous with the first name we're planning on using (if it's a girl) but there's no way we would do it!

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 12:56 pm
maof1 wrote:
Just like pregnant women at are higher risk with the flu, we are at higher risk with the corona virus. Only difference is that we get a vaccine for the flu and nothing out yet for COVID 19.

I posted this on another thread but I asked my (non Jewish) doctor and she said she is not discouraging women from trying to conceive now. She said preliminary studies show no transfer of corona to baby in utero or through breast milk. I also saw an article (who knows how scientific it is though) that pregnant women seem to be doing much better with corona than others (meaning they’re hardly getting symptoms when they contract it.)

maof1

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:36 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I posted this on another thread but I asked my (non Jewish) doctor and she said she is not discouraging women from trying to conceive now. She said preliminary studies show no transfer of corona to baby in utero or through breast milk. I also saw an article (who knows how scientific it is though) that pregnant women seem to be doing much better with corona than others (meaning they’re hardly getting symptoms when they contract it.)

I wish we can say that pregnant women aren't showing symptoms but unfortunately, many many pregnant women had to have emergency C-sections and were on respirators. My doctor told me (that was last week) that thank gd no deaths yet but many women in critical condition that she has seen. This is all so unknown and sometimes I feel like we know the same or even more then the doctors do. Everyone is suddenly a self proclaimed medical professional and gives there input on what the virus does to whatever group of people... We don't know much and that is why it is very normal and even expected to be anxious about getting pregnant etc.

maof1

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:39 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

At the same time, we don't know much about women in the early stages in pregnancy. BH I think that those women are as safe as anyone else (see, there I am being a self proclaimed medical proffesional LOL ) The women my doctor was saying are at higher risk are the ones closer to giving birth. If one gets pregnant now, then I hope and pray that by the time they give birth this virus is long gone. Amen.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 5:12 pm
maof1 wrote:
At the same time, we don't know much about women in the early stages in pregnancy. BH I think that those women are as safe as anyone else (see, there I am being a self proclaimed medical proffesional LOL ) The women my doctor was saying are at higher risk are the ones closer to giving birth. If one gets pregnant now, then I hope and pray that by the time they give birth this virus is long gone. Amen.

I’m newly pregnant and I am worried about the effect On the baby if cv I get the virus in the early part of the pregnancy. I wish China would be 💯 honest as I’m sure some pregnancies are advanced enough to do good ultrasounds and see if there are any outward effects.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics