Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Learning devices from DOE

happy chick

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 11:56 am
Has anyone applied for a learning device with DOE and received it? I applied 3 weeks ago and still waiting. I'm wondering if I should forget about it and buy a device.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:44 pm
I thought it’s only for public school students.
Can you post a link to the application?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:47 pm
happy chick wrote:
Has anyone applied for a learning device with DOE and received it? I applied 3 weeks ago and still waiting. I'm wondering if I should forget about it and buy a device.

I think the school needs to apply and they provide for the school. I don't think an individual can apply and receive devices. It's a loaner ipad that will need to be returned.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:50 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I think the school needs to apply and they provide for the school. I don't think an individual can apply and receive devices.

That’s what I thought.
Hopefully OP will come back to clarify, because she wrote that SHE applied, not that the school applied.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:56 pm
I don't know much about it but I believe there is a form a parent can fill out to apply for device from the DOE. If your child has IEP they are eligible. The only thing I can think of though is that it goes by need. So if you have a child that is in foster care living in projects, they will get first. Also everything with DOE moves slowly. Best thing to do is call up.

SYA

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 1:56 pm
My daughter's school sent an email to all parents. If you applied, the doe is very behind. It will take a few weeks to receive it.

SYA

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 1:57 pm
Also, it is only for children with an IEP.

happy chick

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 3:38 pm
Yes, like others said, it's for public school children. Any children in private schools receiving IEP services , can qualify as well. You will need the child's DOB and ID #. But your school needs to be listed on their website. Here is the link:
https://coronavirus.schools.ny.....vices

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 4:02 pm
don't be so sure that private school students cannot get a device on loan ... if you pay city taxes you are granted the same services from the board of education

happy chick

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 6:01 pm
greenfire wrote:
don't be so sure that private school students cannot get a device on loan ... if you pay city taxes you are granted the same services from the board of education

That could be possible, I just wouldn't know how. When you apply, they ask for a student ID which students in private schools do not have.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 6:05 pm
If you are in Lakewood, Inzelbuch discusses it in his daily briefings

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 6:15 pm
well maybe you can call them 1(718) 935-2200

cnc

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 6:26 pm
happy chick wrote:
That could be possible, I just wouldn't know how. When you apply, they ask for a student ID which students in private schools do not have.

Private school students do have student IDs. The school has that information.

As of now only students with an IEP/ IESP in private schools are eligible for devices. The student ID is on the IEP/ IESP.

happy chick

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 6:29 pm
cnc wrote:
Private school students do have student IDs. The school has that information.

I didn't know that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling