Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Wait Weight

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:10 pm
Not something I generally discuss. For me it's always been a shame thing. "You're so beautiful if only you were thinner." Or else I start binge eating in preparation to diet lol?!

Several years ago I really started to pull myself together and lose weight. I never wanted to speak about it because it was for myself alone. If I lose ~ I lose. If I don't ~ I don't.

Well I successfully lost 70 lbs. hooray me!!!!

Then life took a tumble with many stress factors. People around me were stressed too and all we did was eat junk food. Now stuck in the house along with Pesach I realize I have regained half of that weight back in only a matter of months.

Now I'm embarrassed of myself.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:49 pm
Years ago I never would consider surgery but seeing how successful my friend is with the banding and realizing that I don't have the willpower to diet anymore after doing so my entire life, I am seriously working towards getting bariatric surgery. How much can we struggle with a substance that we must be around with, we must cook, we must eat, we must have snack for our kids...it's an addiction to something we can't stay away from.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:52 pm
I know too many people who gained the weight back after surgery.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:58 pm
You kept it off for a few years? Wow!
You caught yourself midway under these very trying circumstances? Pretty good!! I don't know what you did to lose it the first time. People who successfully keep it off, I get the impression at least, have made serious lifestyle changes. I really think you have it in you to do it again. Hatzlacha!

lamplighter

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:17 pm
As someone who has lost and gained weight a few times I will say this, you know what to do just decide to.
Dont dwell on the shame and the emotional tirade your mind is yelling at you. Just move on. Next best decision begins with your next bite. No need to make ultimatums and fresh starts or grand plans. Just keep moving forward.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:18 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I know too many people who gained the weight back after surgery.

That's why I'm not getting surgery that's irreversible. Its not so popular nowadays but I'm doing the lap band and if it doesn't work I'll have it taken it out.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:18 pm
Jon Gabriel! I've been listening to his recording (it's kind of like hypnosis) & finding myself taking (short) walks 3 times a day. After being totally sedentary for years!

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:23 pm
OP, your first paragraph made me cringe and laugh out loud.
It was so familiar!

At age 28, 245 lbs, I underwent bariatric surgery. It's been 7 or 8 years now, and I've successfully maintained my new figure. I've also given birth to four children bh. My baby is 6 months old, and I currently weigh 158- a number that I could've never hoped for, even for my wedding day.

I don't know if it would work for you, but it was a lifesaver for me.

Whatever you do, good luck. It's a tough fight.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:40 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
OP, your first paragraph made me cringe and laugh out loud.
It was so familiar!

At age 28, 245 lbs, I underwent bariatric surgery. It's been 7 or 8 years now, and I've successfully maintained my new figure. I've also given birth to four children bh. My baby is 6 months old, and I currently weigh 158- a number that I could've never hoped for, even for my wedding day.

I don't know if it would work for you, but it was a lifesaver for me.

Whatever you do, good luck. It's a tough fight.

I'm not the op but I'm glad to hear this as I'm considering bariatric surgery. May I ask what kind of surgery you had?

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 5:46 pm
I did the gastric sleeve.

Sometimes I feel like running through the streets, publicizing my miracle at the top of my lungs. I feel .like shaking the shoulders of all the struggling overweight people in my life, and saying, "look! Look at me! This could happen to you too!"
I restrain myself. In fact, I am usually reticent about my experience. This is because I realize that this surgery is not for everybody. I've read of negative outcomes, side effects, regained weight...
Definitely do your research.

But I am so grateful that I was given a new chance, an opportunity to step off this sad trapeze act. I know that I could never have done it any other way.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 7:10 pm
Surgery is not an option unless it's one to zip my mouth shut.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 7:27 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I did the gastric sleeve.

Sometimes I feel like running through the streets, publicizing my miracle at the top of my lungs. I feel .like shaking the shoulders of all the struggling overweight people in my life, and saying, "look! Look at me! This could happen to you too!"
I restrain myself. In fact, I am usually reticent about my experience. This is because I realize that this surgery is not for everybody. I've read of negative outcomes, side effects, regained weight...
Definitely do your research.

But I am so grateful that I was given a new chance, an opportunity to step off this sad trapeze act. I know that I could never have done it any other way.

Thank you so much for your response. I was more or less (relatively) successful with my dieting until the last few years where I've gained tons of weight due to many factors and simply cannot diet anymore.

It's good to hear others experiences with bariatric surgery.

CiCi

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 7:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Surgery is not an option unless it's one to zip my mouth shut.

Punch If you feel you can do it then keep it going! You can do it again and you only have half of the weight to lose this time!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 1:25 pm
There are plenty of threads out there with surgery. Can we leave this to the issue at hand?

It's hard enough to vent. How do people deal with the up and down of dieting. I find it embarrassing and frustrating. The strong sense of health has fallen by the wayside as well.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 2:21 pm
There should be no up and down to dieting. Studies show that the yo-yo only goes up. If you make healthy choices without focusing on your weight, you will be much healthier.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 2:48 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
There should be no up and down to dieting. Studies show that the yo-yo only goes up. If you make healthy choices without focusing on your weight, you will be much healthier.

In my experience every time I lost weight when I gained it back I gained more and my "starting weight" the next time was even higher.

I am not focused on health and not the scale but it aint easy, if you have a weight struggle if your not "on" your gaining. Im not sure what the alternative is.

miracle

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 6:49 am
My recommendation is starting is a better action than not starting at all, get yourself together and start doing what worked for you because you know that it worked in the past... you need motivation but it doesn't need to be perfect, just make progress and be true to your goals to get there with one step at the time. Behazlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise