Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Maybe I should stop reading the news but until end of 2020?

4g01o

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 4:24 pm
Just read on the news that its highly unlikely that the UK will be returning to normal for a loooong time.
Until 2 things happen: a highly reliable vaccine, or highly effective drugs to treat it.
What if those things never happen?! We CANNOT live the rest of our lives like this.
I'd rather the life expectancy lowers to average 50 or so than have my kids live like this for the rest of time. Anyone with me?
No I haven't lost a loved one bH knH but even if I wouldve I'd still rather live life and live for less amount of time (potentially) than live like this bc this isn't called living. Anyone agree? I'm expecting lots of hugs (thumbs down) and I'm truly sorry for those that have lost loved ones. Boruch Dayan Emes. May this terrible mageifa end swiftly.

Last edited by 4g01o on Wed, Apr 22 2020, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 4:26 pm
The problem is that you got the wrong trade off. It's either you live like this or a lot of other people might live a shorter life. Are you ready to take other people's lives into your hands? A lot of other people's lives?

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 4:31 pm
oy nobody knows the answer yet ... but we surely don't want to die now or cause more death than necessary

according to you I should be dead ?! & how will that save the future

4g01o

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 4:39 pm
greenfire wrote:
oy nobody knows the answer yet ... but we surely don't want to die now or cause more death than necessary

according to you I should be dead ?! & how will that save the future

Do you think if we wouldn't have started lockdown at all, everyone over the age of 40 (or those with health issues) would be dead?
It's fine for a couple months to flatten the curve etc but for how long are we willing to risk our mental health to potentially save lives?
Oish I just daven hard that they bring out a good drug/vaccine very soon.
A vaccine has started with a human trial here but apparently this virus has about 33 different mutations Hiding

soap suds

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 4:43 pm
I know it seems like we've been locked down forever and thinking of living this way for months to come is overwhelming. But this lockdown will end. We don't know whether it'll be another month, a few months, or whatever. But IT WILL END. Even if it'll take a year - and I don't believe it'll take that long - the time will pass and we can all G-d willing live long, healthy lives.

In the large scheme of things, what's one year of inconvenience out of 120 healthy years. No need to cut back on life expectancy. Just hang in there!

4g01o

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 4:45 pm
I've had the virus but I'm obviously very very worried about my parents cv getting it and dying. My father has all of the major health issues so yes I'm doing it to save their lives. It makes me feel better but I can't even see them anymore:( I still want to live a normal life one day! I want hope not doom and gloom. I think I need to stop believing everything I read and maybe stop looking at the news so often full stop. I feel like I'm becoming addicted to checking the latest news and not sure how to stop Sad it's not fun.

lifesagift

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 4:50 pm
Btw things are changing all the time, but even if chv this lasts longer doesn't mean it'll stay the way its now, eg ridiculous school alternatives, no smachots, etc. things have a way of reshuffling and evolving, the change in the future may be a lot better than the past hopefully, we just need to hang in there

giselle

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 4:52 pm
OP, why do you feel like you’re not living? I know it’s hard, but it shouldn’t be so hard to the point that you’re feeling that you’d rather take a shorter life over this. What can you do to improve things?

4g01o

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 5:11 pm
giselle wrote:
OP, why do you feel like you’re not living? I know it’s hard, but it shouldn’t be so hard to the point that you’re feeling that you’d rather take a shorter life over this. What can you do to improve things?

I was just having a bad moment but really I am enjoying a lot of it. I'm mainly upset for the kids. No play areas, no football games with friends for my boys, not even going to a shop for Goodness sake. They are happy bh but I feel for them especially my youngest who is start
starting to feel locked in now. I'm overwhelmed with all the different lesson call in times that my kids have. I've certainly learnt that home schooling isn't for me!

Eta: we can't even get into the big supermarkets here because the queues are so huge that I turn back and spend double at the smaller kosher grocery shops. It's the only way at the moment but I'm really missing being able to shop normally. Ugh I miss so much yet so much is good too bH. I hate to complain.

Last edited by 4g01o on Wed, Apr 22 2020, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

4g01o

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 5:26 pm
lifesagift wrote:
Btw things are changing all the time, but even if chv this lasts longer doesn't mean it'll stay the way its now, eg ridiculous school alternatives, no smachots, etc. things have a way of reshuffling and evolving, the change in the future may be a lot better than the past hopefully, we just need to hang in there

Thank you Thumbs Up

4g01o

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 5:36 pm
soap suds wrote:
I know it seems like we've been locked down forever and thinking of living this way for months to come is overwhelming. But this lockdown will end. We don't know whether it'll be another month, a few months, or whatever. But IT WILL END. Even if it'll take a year - and I don't believe it'll take that long - the time will pass and we can all G-d willing live long, healthy lives.

In the large scheme of things, what's one year of inconvenience out of 120 healthy years. No need to cut back on life expectancy. Just hang in there!

Good point.. I need to take it one day at a time
The kids have started getting fed up, fighting etc Sad this too shall pass

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 6:38 pm
Fab4 (love the name) life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend, as it is.
Reading your post, I wonder if I've just seen a face of the future. (Can you tell I'm over 50? But not close to 64.) Sounds like you're having a hard day's night. Hugs!

4g01o

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 6:48 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Fab4 (love the name) life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend, as it is.
Reading your post, I wonder if I've just seen a face of the future. (Can you tell I'm over 50? But not close to 64.) Sounds like you're having a hard day's night. Hugs!

Thanks Smile I have 4 kids hence the fab4 but really I should've included me and my dh so fab6 Wink my dh is actually being amazing to me bh. We're feeling closer than ever, and enjoying our time together even if I get anxious and overwhelmed at times.
Hope I didn't offend you, and other over 50's we need you all in our lives! Very Happy

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 6:58 pm
Fab4 wrote:
Thanks Smile I have 4 kids hence the fab4 but really I should've included me and my dh so fab6 Wink my dh is actually being amazing to me bh. We're feeling closer than ever, and enjoying our time together even if I get anxious and overwhelmed at times.
Hope I didn't offend you, and other over 50's we need you all in our lives! Very Happy

No problem.
I was going to say [you] have to admit it's getting better all the time, little girl, but I didn't know if you would appreciate it and that would be doubly creepy. (Those who know, know Wink )

4g01o

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 7:13 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
No problem.
I was going to say [you] have to admit it's getting better all the time, little girl, but I didn't know if you would appreciate it and that would be doubly creepy. (Those who know, know Wink )

Um I think I know where you're heading! Yes it is bH. We're still a work in progress even after 13.5 years knH. In all areas Wink

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 7:24 pm
Fab4 wrote:
Just read on the news that its highly unlikely that the UK will be returning to normal for a loooong time.
Until 2 things happen: a highly reliable vaccine, or highly effective drugs to treat it.
What if those things never happen?! We CANNOT live the rest of our lives like this.
I'd rather the life expectancy lowers to average 50 or so than have my kids live like this for the rest of time. Anyone with me?
No I haven't lost a loved one bH knH but even if I wouldve I'd still rather live life and live for less amount of time (potentially) than live like this bc this isn't called living. Anyone agree? I'm expecting lots of hugs (thumbs down) and I'm truly sorry for those that have lost loved ones. Boruch Dayan Emes. May this terrible mageifa end swiftly.

How old are you right now

4g01o

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 7:32 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
How old are you right now

Are you implying that my post is childish?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 8:01 pm
Fab4 wrote:
Um I think I know where you're heading! Yes it is bH. We're still a work in progress even after 13.5 years knH. In all areas Wink

;-D
(And not really heading anywhere, just trying to incorporate titles. But those two in my last post are fun listening but like I said, creepy.)
And you can read this because you are younger than I. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics