Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Frozen strawberries

Cheiny

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 6:14 pm
I have a few bags of frozen strawberries and need some idea for what to do with them. Please don’t suggest smoothies. Also, when they defrost they get mushy...ideas? Thanks.

ynms

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 6:16 pm
Strawberry rhubarb kugel or compote. You can also add it to a apple compote.

MiriFr

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 6:47 pm
Mix them in with your apples when you make apple crisp.
Sorbet.
Boil them up in maple syrup and pour over slow-roasted sweet potatoes. Then put back into oven uncovered until sweet potatoes are done.

oneofakind

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 6:49 pm
Defrost, drain, slice-they really aren't to mushy, put between layers of pound cake and whip cream for strawberry shortcake.

emzod42

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 7:23 pm
I like them with overnight oats.

Violet123

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 7:34 pm
Just a psa: by hechsher of one company frozen strawberries it says only good if you blend them.
(I can see how people can miss it)

Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 8:25 pm
I cook some up with a little water, some sugar, till soft and blend and use over homemade pear (or you can do apple) sauce. I usually freeze it in small containers (and also freeze the pear sauce) and defrost as I need it. I also started cooking frozen strawberries up with canned pineapple tidbits, canned peaches, and some dark grape juice, add sugar if needed (although liquid from the cans are usually sweet), and serve warm or cold, whatever is preferred.

Last edited by Amethyst on Wed, Apr 22 2020, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Israeli

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 8:31 pm
Mix with whip topping for a refreshing dessert. If they are not the ones in sugar you need to add some to taste.

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 8:36 pm
Cut them up into quarters and eat them while they are still 3/4th frozen. They are not mushy because they are still part frozen. It is healthy and feels like a treat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals